We thank the editor, Steven Brakman, and three anonymous referees for providing useful suggestions. We are also grateful to J. Caballé, G. Hewings, S. MacEachern, C. Nicodemo, J. Parr, S. Rosenthal, and the participants at the Third Spatial Econometric World Conference (Barcelona), XXXIV SAEe (Valencia), 58th North American Regional Science Council meeting (Denver) as well as participants at the seminar at Université de Luxembourg and CUNY for comments. Special thanks go to M.A. Garcia-Lopez for professional assistance with the ArcView software. The usual disclaimer applies. R. Nicolini's research was supported by a Ramón y Cajal contract. Financial support from research grants 2009SGR600 and SEJ2008-01850 is acknowledged.
ON THE POPULATION DENSITY DISTRIBUTION ACROSS SPACE: A PROBABILISTIC APPROACH†
Article first published online: 30 APR 2013
© 2013, Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Regional Science
Volume 53, Issue 3, pages 481–510, August 2013
How to Cite
Epifani, I. and Nicolini, R. (2013), ON THE POPULATION DENSITY DISTRIBUTION ACROSS SPACE: A PROBABILISTIC APPROACH. Journal of Regional Science, 53: 481–510. doi: 10.1111/jors.12018
- Issue published online: 24 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: SEP 2012
- Manuscript Revised: JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: JUN 2011
- Ramón y Cajal. Grant Numbers: 2009SGR600, SEJ2008-01850
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!