Disclaimer: The views expressed in this paper are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the World Intellectual Property Organization or its member states.
WHAT ATTRACTS KNOWLEDGE WORKERS? THE ROLE OF SPACE AND SOCIAL NETWORKS†
Article first published online: 10 OCT 2013
© 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Regional Science
Volume 54, Issue 1, pages 33–60, January 2014
How to Cite
Miguélez, E. and Moreno, R. (2014), WHAT ATTRACTS KNOWLEDGE WORKERS? THE ROLE OF SPACE AND SOCIAL NETWORKS. Journal of Regional Science, 54: 33–60. doi: 10.1111/jors.12069
We would like to thank the editor, Mark Partridge, and three anonymous referees for valuable comments. We also received many helpful comments from the participants at the Brown Bag Discussion Meetings (Bocconi University—March 2010), the AQR Lunch Seminars (University of Barcelona—May 2010), the XIII Encuentro de Economía Aplicada, (Seville—June 2010), the Zvi Griliches Summer School on the Economics of Innovation (Barcelona—July 2010), the 50th Annual Meeting of the Western Regional Science Association (Monterey, California—March 2011), the 51st European Regional Science Association Conference (Barcelona—September 2011), the 36th Simposio de la Asociación Española de Economía (Málaga—December 2011), Camilla Lenzi, Francesco Lissoni, Johannes Rode, and Jouke van Dijk. We also acknowledge financial support from the Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación, ECO2011–30260-C03–03, and Ernest Miguélez, from the Ministerio de Educación, AP2007–00792 and the European Science Foundation, for the activity entitled “Academic Patenting in Europe.” However, any mistakes or omissions remain ours.
- Issue published online: 7 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 10 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Revised: MAY 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: MAY 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!