The authors thank Rod R. Blagojevich for inspiring this work. We are grateful to Yasushi Asako, Stefano Barbieri, Arnab Biswas, John Duggan, Gilles Duranton, Antoine Loeper, Teemu Lyytikäinen, Debraj Ray, Nathan Seegert, Alastair Smith, Razvan Vlaicu, three anonymous referees and the JRS co-editor, Gianmarco Ottaviano, and seminar audiences at the Public Choice Society meetings in San Antonio, the Wallis Institute at the University of Rochester, and the Econometric Society Winter Meetings in San Diego for helpful comments. We are grateful to the University of Tokyo for financial support, but we retain responsibility for any errors.
LOCAL POLITICS AND ECONOMIC GEOGRAPHY: INFORMATION AGGREGATION AND POLARIZATION†
Article first published online: 4 APR 2014
© 2014 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Regional Science
Volume 54, Issue 5, pages 806–827, November 2014
How to Cite
Berliant, M. and Tabuchi, T. (2014), LOCAL POLITICS AND ECONOMIC GEOGRAPHY: INFORMATION AGGREGATION AND POLARIZATION. Journal of Regional Science, 54: 806–827. doi: 10.1111/jors.12118
- Issue published online: 3 NOV 2014
- Article first published online: 4 APR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 24 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Received: 2 AUG 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!