An earlier version of this paper was circulated with the title “Globalization or Regionalization? A New Approach to Measure International Fragmentation of Value Chains.” It is part of the World Input-Output Database (WIOD) project funded by the European Commission, Research Directorate General as part of the 7th Framework Programme, Theme 8: Socio-Economic Sciences and Humanities, grant Agreement no: 225 281. More information on the WIOD-project can be found at www.wiod.org. Participants at various workshops and conferences, including the Conference “Nations and Regions after the Great Recession” (IHS, Rotterdam, December 13–14, 2012), as well as three referees and guest editor Charles van Marrewijk are gratefully acknowledged for stimulating comments and discussions.
HOW GLOBAL ARE GLOBAL VALUE CHAINS? A NEW APPROACH TO MEASURE INTERNATIONAL FRAGMENTATION†
Article first published online: 9 APR 2014
© 2014 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Regional Science
Special Issue: Local Consequences of Global Production Processes
Volume 55, Issue 1, pages 66–92, January 2015
How to Cite
Los, B., Timmer, M. P. and de Vries, G. J. (2015), HOW GLOBAL ARE GLOBAL VALUE CHAINS? A NEW APPROACH TO MEASURE INTERNATIONAL FRAGMENTATION. Journal of Regional Science, 55: 66–92. doi: 10.1111/jors.12121
- Issue published online: 12 JAN 2015
- Article first published online: 9 APR 2014
- Manuscript Revised: JAN 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: JAN 2014
- Manuscript Received: MAR 2013
- European Commission, Research Directorate General
- Socio-Economic Sciences and Humanities. Grant Number: 225 281
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!