Data used in this analysis were drawn from the SHAPES-Ontario project (S.L. and S.M.), funded as part of the Smoke-Free Ontario Strategy through the Ontario Ministries of Health and Long-term Care and of Health Promotion. The project was conducted by the SHAPES team at the University of Waterloo. S.M. is a senior scientist within the Propel Centre for Population Health Impact at the University of Waterloo and S.L. is an associate professor within the School of Public Health and Health Systems at the University of Waterloo and a Cancer Care Ontario Research Chair in Population Studies. The Canadian Cancer Society provided funding to develop SHAPES, the system used to collect the SHAPES-Ontario data. A grant from the Canadian Heart Health Surveys Follow-up Study ancillary projects (E.P.H., S.L., and S.E.) was used to fund the expertise required to measure the GIS-derived features of the built environment for each participating school.
Are Environmental Influences on Physical Activity Distinct for Urban, Suburban, and Rural Schools? A Multilevel Study Among Secondary School Students in Ontario, Canada
Version of Record online: 21 MAR 2013
© 2013, American School Health Association
Journal of School Health
Volume 83, Issue 5, pages 357–367, May 2013
How to Cite
Are environmental influences on physical activity distinct for urban, suburban, and rural schools? A multilevel study among secondary school students in Ontario, Canada., , , , , .
- Issue online: 21 MAR 2013
- Version of Record online: 21 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 8 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Received: 1 FEB 2012
- Ontario Ministries of Health and Long-term Care and of Health Promotion
- Canadian Cancer Society
- Canadian Heart Health Surveys Follow-up Study Ancillary Projects
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!