Dr. Panagiotopoulos receives Clinician Scientist salary support from the Canadian Diabetes Association and the Child & Family Research Institute. This work was funded by the Canadian Diabetes Association. Ms. R. Ronsley received a summer student grant from the American Pediatrics Society, and Mr. A. S. Lee received a summer student grant from the Child & Family Research Institute to work on this project. We would like to thank Dr. Sue Stock, Dr. Jean-Pierre Chanoine, and Ms. Valerie Ryden, the developers of the original Healthy Buddies™ program (www.healthybuddies.ca), for supporting the modifications required to create the Healthy BuddiesTM-First Nation version. We would also like to thank Dr. Charmaine Miranda for contributing to the development of the HB questionnaire; Ms. Stacey Ishkanian for her assistance in conducting the focus groups and coordinating the program modifications; and Mr. David Barnum for coordinating the final production of the program bins and for providing the training sessions to the schools. We would like to acknowledge the invaluable contributions of the band council, chiefs, school staff, and students of the communities that participated in this project. We would also like to thank Ms. Kathryn Morrison and Mr. Matthew Kriese for their assistance with participant recruitment. Finally, we would like to thank the baseline and follow-up Healthy Buddies research teams for their immense contributions to data collection.
Healthy Buddies™ Reduces Body Mass Index Z-Score and Waist Circumference in Aboriginal Children Living in Remote Coastal Communities
Version of Record online: 23 JUL 2013
© 2013, American School Health Association
Journal of School Health
Volume 83, Issue 9, pages 605–613, September 2013
How to Cite
Healthy Buddies™ reduces body mass index Z-Score and waist circumference in Aboriginal children living in remote coastal communities., , , .
- Issue online: 23 JUL 2013
- Version of Record online: 23 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 APR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 15 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 22 JUL 2012
- American Pediatrics Society
- Child & Family Research Institute
- Canadian Diabetes Association
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!