This study was funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Clinical Scholars Program, as part of the first author's/principal investigator's fellowship work at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA.
Associations Among Text Messaging, Academic Performance, and Sexual Behaviors of Adolescents
Article first published online: 10 DEC 2013
© 2013, American School Health Association
Journal of School Health
Volume 84, Issue 1, pages 33–39, January 2014
How to Cite
Associations among text messaging, academic performance, and sexual behaviors of adolescents., , , , , .
- Issue published online: 10 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 10 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 5 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: 14 AUG 2012
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Clinical Scholars Program
- 15Generation M2: Media in the Lives of 8- to 18-year-olds. Menlo Park, CA: Kaiser Family Foundation Report; 2010., , .
- 16Teens and Mobile Phones. Washington, DC: Pew Internet and American Life Project; 2010., , , .
- 17Frank S, Santurri L, Knight K. Hyper-texting and hyper-networking: a new health risk category for teens? (PowerPoint slides). Paper presented at American Public Health Association Annual Meeting, Denver, CO. 2010. Available at: http://jjie.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Hyper-Texting-Study.pdf. Accessed November 21, 2011.
- 18Hoff T, Green L, Davis J. National Survey of Adolescents and Young Adults: Sexual Health Knowledge, Attitudes, and Experiences. 2003. Menlo Park, CA: Kaiser Family Foundation. Available at: http://www.kff.org/youthhivstds/upload/National-Survey-of-Adolescents-and-Young-Adults-Sexual-Health-Knowledge-Attitudes-and-Experiences-Summary-of-Findings.pdf. Accessed January 30, 2010.
- 19Salganicoff A, Wentworth B, Ranji U. Emergency Contraception in California: Findings from a 2003 Kaiser Family Foundation Study. Menlo Park, CA: Kaiser Family Foundation; 2004. Available at: http://www.kff.org/womenshealth/upload/Emergency-Contraception-in-California.pdf. Accessed January 30, 2010.
- 24Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance—United States, 2009. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010;59(5):1-142., , , et al.
- 25Are pregnant adolescents stigmatized by pregnancy? J Adolesc Health. 2005;36(4):352.e1-352.e7., , , .
- 29Grinter RE, Eldridge M. Wan2tlk?: everyday text messaging. Proceedings of SIGCHI conference on human factors in computing systems, Ft Lauderdale, FL. 2003;441–448.