I would like to thank Stephanie Lindemann, Allan Bell, Lionel Wee, and two anonymous reviewers for their helpful comments on the paper. I would also like to thank Paco Barron Serrano for his help in producing a Spanish version of the abstract. All remaining errors are my own.
‘English… it's part of our blood’: Ideologies of language and nation in United States Congressional discourse†
Version of Record online: 25 FEB 2013
© Blackwell Publishing Ltd. 2013
Journal of Sociolinguistics
Volume 17, Issue 1, pages 37–65, February 2013
How to Cite
Subtirelu, N. C. (2013), ‘English… it's part of our blood’: Ideologies of language and nation in United States Congressional discourse. Journal of Sociolinguistics, 17: 37–65. doi: 10.1111/josl.12016
- Issue online: 25 FEB 2013
- Version of Record online: 25 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 OCT 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!