Declaration of conflict of interest: None declared.
Cancer in Australian Aboriginal children: Room for improvement
Article first published online: 2 DEC 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health © 2012 Paediatrics and Child Health Division (Royal Australasian College of Physicians)
Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health
Volume 49, Issue 1, pages 27–32, January 2013
How to Cite
Rotte, L., Hansford, J., Kirby, M., Osborn, M., Suppiah, R., Ritchie, P., Tapp, H., Rice, M. and Revesz, T. (2013), Cancer in Australian Aboriginal children: Room for improvement. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, 49: 27–32. doi: 10.1111/jpc.12026
- Issue published online: 16 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 2 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 JUL 2012
- 1Social determinants and the health of Indigenous Australians. Med. J. Aust. 2011; 194: 512–513..
- 6Cancer in aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people of Australia. Asian Pac. J. Cancer Prev. 2009; 10: 729–733., .
- 7AIHW. Recent Developments in the Collection of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health and Welfare Statistics 2005. Canberra: Australian Institute of Health and Welfare & ABS, 2006.
- 8DoH. Measuring Remoteness: Accessibility/Remoteness Index of Australia (ARIA). Canberra: Department of Health, 2000.
- 12Identification of novel cluster groups in pediatric high-risk B-precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia with gene expression profiling: correlation with genome-wide DNA copy number alterations, clinical characteristics, and outcome. Blood 2010; 116: 4874–4884., , et al.
- 14Geographic proximity and racial disparities in cancer clinical trial participation. J. Natl Compr. Canc. Netw. 2010; 8: 1343–1351., , et al.
- 16Incidence of type 2 diabetes in two Indigenous Australian populations: a 6-year follow-up study. Med. J. Aust. 2010; 192: 562–565., , .
- 17Reducing the impact of cancer in Indigenous communities: ways forward. Med. J. Aust. 2005; 182: 105–106., , .
- 19Raising children in the Nunga Aboriginal way. Fam Matters 1996; 43: 43–47., .