Declaration of conflict of interest: All authors have no conflicts of interest to declare.
Off-label use of medicines in paediatric inpatients at an Australian teaching hospital
Version of Record online: 21 DEC 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health © 2012 Paediatrics and Child Health Division (Royal Australasian College of Physicians)
Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health
Volume 49, Issue 1, pages 38–42, January 2013
How to Cite
Ballard, C. D., Peterson, G. M., Thompson, A. J. and Beggs, S. A. (2013), Off-label use of medicines in paediatric inpatients at an Australian teaching hospital. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, 49: 38–42. doi: 10.1111/jpc.12065
- Issue online: 16 JAN 2013
- Version of Record online: 21 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 FEB 2012
- 1Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods. Therapeutic Goods Administration, Department of Health and Ageing, Australian Government. 2010. Available from: http://www.tga.gov.au/industry/%20artg.htm [accessed 6 September 2010].
- 2eMIMS. eMIMS Prescribing Information. Sydney: MediMedia Australia Pty Ltd, 2010.
- 3Off-label drug use in an outpatient setting – a pilot study. Aust. J. Hosp. Pharm. 1995; 25: 527–529., .
- 4Unregistered and off-label drug use in paediatric inpatients. Aust. J. Hosp. Pharm. 1999; 29: 265–268..
- 9Unlicensed and off-label drug use in a Swiss paediatric university hospital. Swiss Med. Wkly 2006; 136: 218–222., , et al.
- 15Paediatric Pharmacopoeia 13th Ed.: Pharmacy Department, Royal Children's Hospital Melbourne; 2005., .
- 16Rossi S , ed. Australian Medicines Handbook 2011. Adelaide: Australian Medicines Handbook Pty Ltd, 2011.
- 19National Asthma Council Australia. Asthma Management Handbook 2006. Melbourne: National Asthma Council Australia Ltd, 2006.
- 22Antibiotic Expert Group. Therapeutic Guidelines: Antibiotic, Version 14. Melbourne: Therapeutic Guidelines Limited, 2010.
- 23Antibiotic use in post-adenotonsillectomy morbidity: a randomized prospective study. Braz. J. Otorhinolaryngol. 2008; 74: 337–341., , , , , .