Declaration of conflict of interest: The author has no conflict of interest to declare.
Advocating for children
Article first published online: 3 JAN 2013
© 2013 The Author. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health © 2013 Paediatrics and Child Health Division (Royal Australasian College of Physicians)
Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health
Volume 49, Issue 1, pages 9–12, January 2013
How to Cite
Daube, M. (2013), Advocating for children. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, 49: 9–12. doi: 10.1111/jpc.12073
- Issue published online: 16 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 3 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 NOV 2012
- 2Vilified for tackling tobacco. BMJ 2000; 320: 1482..
- 3Australian Academy of Science. Preventative Health: Science and Technology in the Prevention and Early Detection of Disease. Canberra: Australian Academy of Science, 2008. Available from: http://www.science.org.au/events/thinktank/%20thinktank2008/daube.html [accessed 7 September 2012].
- 4Aequanimitas with Other Addresses: Internal Medicine as a Vocation. Philadelphia, PA: P Blakiston Son & Co, 1905..
- 5The Kidney Foundation of Canada. Advocacy. Montreal: The Kidney Foundation of Canada, 2012. Available from: http://www.kidney.ca/%20page.aspx?pid=743 [accessed 7 September 2012].
- 6Advocacy for Social Justice: A Global Action and Reflection Guide. Bloomfield, CT: Kumarian Press, 2001., , .
- 7Advocacy in Action: A Toolkit for Public Health Professionals, 2nd edn. Perth, WA: Public Health Advocacy Institute of Western Australia, 2009., , , .
- 8We're neglecting early childhood. The West Australian. 2010 December 4; 5..
- 9Swimming pools help kids ears. The Courier-Mail. 2009 July 7; 17., .
- 10Stanley attacks the suffering Australia refuses to address. The Advertiser. 2008 November 7; 13..
- 11Scollo M , Winstanley M , eds. Tobacco in Australia: Facts and Issues, 3rd edn. Melbourne, VIC: Cancer Council Victoria, 2008.
- 12The Cancer Council Western Australia. The Progress of Tobacco Control in Western Australia: Achievements, Challenges and Hopes for the Future. Perth, WA: The Cancer Council Western Australia, 2008.
- 18Stanley attacks delay in folate ruling. The West Australian 2007; February 6..
- 19Against the grain: bakers resist proposal to give us our daily folic acid. Sydney Morning Herald 2007; April 5..
- 20Bakers fight fortification. The Australian Financial Review 2006; August 6 (32)..
- 21Telethon Institute for Child Health Research. Mandatory Folate Fortification a Win for Australian Families [Press Release]. Perth, WA: Telethon Institute for Child Health Research, 2009 Sep 11.
- 22Generation of children damaged by alcohol. The West Australian 2007; December 18 (3)..
- 23Stanley backs wide alcohol ban. The West Australian 2009; January 27 (7)..
- 24Telethon Institute for Child Health Research. Achievements. Perth: Telethon Institute for Child Health Research. Perth: Telethon Institute for Child Health Research, 2012. Available from: http://www.%20childhealthresearch.org.au/ [accessed 7 September 2012].
- 25ABAC Response to Announcement Re Alcohol Advertising Review Board [Press Release]. Adelaide, SA: The Alcohol Beverages Advertising Code Scheme Limited, 2012 Mar 16..
- 26Distilled Spirits Industry Council of Australia. Shadow Advertising Control System Not Required – DSICA [Press Release]. Melbourne, Vic: Distilled Spirits Industry Council of Australia, 2012 Mar 16.
- 27Drinks Trade. Brewers Association Supports Self-Regulatory Alcohol Advertising. Sydney: Liquor Merchants Association of Australia, 2012. Available from: http://www.drinkstrade.com.au/%20default.aspx?id=296&ArticleID=177 [accessed 7 September 2012].
- 28‘They'll Drink Bucket Loads of the Stuff’: An Analysis of Internal Alcohol Industry Advertising Documents. London: Alcohol Education and Research Council, 2009; Memorandum by Professor Gerard Hastings, Institute for Social Marketing, University of Stirling and the Open University..
- 29Popular and unpopular prevention. J. Drug Issues 1979; Summer: 425–433..