Conflict of interest: The study was funded by the Nancie Finnie Charitable trust; the authors have no conflict of interest.
‘Every picture tells a story’: Interviews and diaries with children with cerebral palsy about adapted cycling
Article first published online: 18 JUN 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health © 2013 Paediatrics and Child Health Division (Royal Australasian College of Physicians)
Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health
Volume 49, Issue 12, pages 1040–1044, December 2013
How to Cite
Pickering, D., Horrocks, L. M., Visser, K. S. and Todd, G. (2013), ‘Every picture tells a story’: Interviews and diaries with children with cerebral palsy about adapted cycling. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, 49: 1040–1044. doi: 10.1111/jpc.12289
- Issue published online: 10 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 18 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 APR 2013
- Nancie Finnie Charitable trust
- 1Promotion of physical fitness and prevention of secondary conditions for children with cerebral palsy: section on Pediatrics Research Summit Proceedings; section on Pediatrics Research Summit Participants, section on Pediatrics Research Committee Task Force. Phys. Ther. 2007; 87: 1495–1510., , et al.
- 3United Nations. Convention on the Rights of the Child. New York: United Nations, 1989.
- 4Don't Leave Us out: Involving Disabled Children and Young People with Communication Impairments. York, UK: Joseph Rowntree Foundation, 1998..
- 62007) Self-reported quality of life of 8–12-year-old children with cerebral palsy: a cross-sectional European study. Vol 369. Available from: http://www.thelancet.com [accessed 30 June 2007]., , et al.
- 7Bevan Foundation. Fair Play for Disabled Children and Young People in Wales. Ebbw Vale: The Bevan Foundation, 2011.
- 8Cycle Hire Charity, 2010. Available from: http://www.cardiffpedalpower.org [accessed April 2013].
- 10KIDSCREEN Group Europe. The KIDSCREEN Questionnaires. Quality of Life Questionnaires for Children and Adolescents – Handbook. Lengerich: Papst Science Publisher, 2006.
- 11Listening to Young Children: The Mosaic Approach. London: National Children's Bureau, 2001., .
- 12The Views and Experiences of Disabled Children and Their Siblings: A Positive Outlook. London: Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 2003., .
- 142012 Adapted Biked – what children and young people with cerebral palsy told us about their participation in adapted dynamic cycling disability and rehabilitation: assistive technology. Early Online 1-8 © Informa UK, Ltd., , , .
- 16Evaluating qualitative research. Evid. Based Ment. Health 1999; 2: 99–101..
- 171999 Gruffalo Macmillan children's books., .
- 18Chapter 10. The Transition from Practitioner to Researcher: Physiotherapists Undertaking Research with Disabled Children in Involving Children and Young People in Health and Social Care Research. Fleming J, Boeck T, eds. Abingdon, UK: Routledge; Taylor and Francis, 2012., , , .