Conflict of interest: There is no conflict of interest to declare.
Perinatal common mental disorders and child survival in Ethiopia
Article first published online: 29 OCT 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health © 2013 Paediatrics and Child Health Division (Royal Australasian College of Physicians)
Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health
Volume 50, Issue 1, pages 57–63, January 2014
How to Cite
Adewuya, A. O., Hanlon, C., Medhin, G., Dewey, M., Alem, A., Worku, B. and Prince, M. (2014), Perinatal common mental disorders and child survival in Ethiopia. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, 50: 57–63. doi: 10.1111/jpc.12411
- Issue published online: 7 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 29 OCT 2013
- Wellcome Trust. Grant Number: GR071643
- 1UNICEF. Levels & Trends in Child Mortality: Report 2010 Estimates Developed by the UN Inter-agency Group for Child Mortality Estimation. UNICEF publications, 2010.
- 2WHO. World Health Report 2002. Reducing risk, promoting healthy life. 2002. Available from: http://www.who.int/whr/en [accessed 1 October 2012].
- 4An analytical framework for the study of child survival in developing countries. In: Mosley WH , Chen LC , eds. Child Survival: Strategies for Research. New York: Population Council, 1984; 25–45. (Population and Development Review 10, Supplement)., .
- 17Determinants of under-five mortality in Gigel Gibe Field Research Centre, Southwest Ethiopia. Ethiop. J. Health Dev. 2007; 21: 117–124., , .
- 18A birth cohort study in South-West Ethiopia to identify factors associated with infant mortality that are amenable for intervention. Ethiop. J. Health Dev. 2000; 14: 161–168., , .
- 20Establishing an epidemiological field laboratory in rural areas – potentials for public health research and interventions: the Butajira Rural Health Programme 1987–99. Ethiop. J. Health Dev. 1999; 13: si1–47., , et al.
- 21A User's Guide to the Self-Reporting Questionnaire (SRQ). WHO Division of Mental Health. Geneva: WHO, 1994 . 1–73., .
- 24WHO. World Health Organisation Disability Assessment Schedule II. 12 item interview-administered version. Geneva. 2000.
- 27Stata Corporation. Intercooled Stata 10 for Windows. Stata Corp, College Station, TX, USA. 2003.
- 28Placental malaria is associated with reduced early life weight development of affected children independent of low birth weight. Malar. J. 2010; 14: 9–16., , et al.
- 29MOH (Ministry of Health) Ethiopia & Federal HIV/AIDS Prevention and Control Office Single Point HIV prevalence estimate. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. 2007.
- 33Prevalence and risk factors for soil transmitted helminth infection in mothers and their infants in Butajira, Ethiopia: a population based study. BMC Public Health 2010; 19: 10., , et al.