Conflict of interest: The authors have no conflicts of interests to declare.
Outbreak of variant hand-foot-and-mouth disease caused by coxsackievirus A6 in Auckland, New Zealand
Article first published online: 15 AUG 2014
© 2014 The Authors. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health © 2014 Paediatrics and Child Health Division (Royal Australasian College of Physicians)
Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health
Volume 50, Issue 10, pages 751–755, October 2014
How to Cite
Hayman, R., Shepherd, M., Tarring, C. and Best, E. (2014), Outbreak of variant hand-foot-and-mouth disease caused by coxsackievirus A6 in Auckland, New Zealand. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, 50: 751–755. doi: 10.1111/jpc.12708
- Issue published online: 6 OCT 2014
- Article first published online: 15 AUG 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 JUL 2014
- 2World Health Organization. A guide to clinical management and public health response for hand, foot and mouth disease (HFMD). Geneva: World Health Organization, 2011.
- 3NSW Ministry of Health. Enhanced surveillance for enterovirus-assocaited neurological disease in children. Sydney: NSW Ministry of Health, 2013. Available from: http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/alerts/Documents/EV_Surv_Report_8_to_23June2013.pdf [accessed 5 April 2014].
- 5Starship admissions up on disease's spread. 3 News, 2013. Available from: http://www.3news.co.nz/Starship-admissions-up-on-diseases-spread/tabid/423/articleID/300475/Default.aspx [accessed 27 May 2014]..
- 6Institute of Environmental Science and Research. Virology Weekly Report: a summary of laboratory-diagnosed viral infections of interest for the week of 20/05/2013–26/05/2013. Wellington: Institute of Environmental Science and Research, 2013. Available from: https://surv.esr.cri.nz/PDF_surveillance/Virology/VirWeekRpt/2013/VirWeek201321.pdf [accessed 27 May 2014].