We are especially indebted to Ben Lockwood for his contribution on earlier versions of the paper. We would also like to thank Gani Aldashev, Robert Gary-Bobo, Christos Kotsogiannis, Pilar Sorribas, and Dave Wildasin, as well as seminar participants at Lisbon, Sevilla, Vanderbilt University, and different conferences, for helpful comments on a previous draft. The comments by the Associate Editor and two anonymous referees substantially improved the paper. P. González acknowledges financial support for herself and for N. Porteiro from projects SEJ-02936 and SEJ-04992 (Junta de Andalucía) and projects ECO2008-04321/ECON and ECO2012-36480 (Spanish Ministry of Education and Science).
Fiscal Decentralization and Political Budget Cycles
Article first published online: 30 MAY 2013
© 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Public Economic Theory
Volume 15, Issue 6, pages 884–911, December 2013
How to Cite
GONZÁLEZ, P., HINDRIKS, J. and PORTEIRO, N. (2013), Fiscal Decentralization and Political Budget Cycles. Journal of Public Economic Theory, 15: 884–911. doi: 10.1111/jpet.12039
- Issue published online: 8 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 30 MAY 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 5 APR 2013 09:01AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 SEP 2011
- Manuscript Received: 17 MAR 2009
- Junta de Andalucía. Grant Numbers: SEJ-02936, SEJ-04992
- Spanish Ministry of Education and Science. Grant Numbers: ECO2008-04321/ECON, ECO2012-36480