We are especially indebted to Ben Lockwood for his contribution on earlier versions of the paper. We would also like to thank Gani Aldashev, Robert Gary-Bobo, Christos Kotsogiannis, Pilar Sorribas, and Dave Wildasin, as well as seminar participants at Lisbon, Sevilla, Vanderbilt University, and different conferences, for helpful comments on a previous draft. The comments by the Associate Editor and two anonymous referees substantially improved the paper. P. González acknowledges financial support for herself and for N. Porteiro from projects SEJ-02936 and SEJ-04992 (Junta de Andalucía) and projects ECO2008-04321/ECON and ECO2012-36480 (Spanish Ministry of Education and Science).
Fiscal Decentralization and Political Budget Cycles
Article first published online: 30 MAY 2013
© 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Public Economic Theory
Volume 15, Issue 6, pages 884–911, December 2013
How to Cite
GONZÁLEZ, P., HINDRIKS, J. and PORTEIRO, N. (2013), Fiscal Decentralization and Political Budget Cycles. Journal of Public Economic Theory, 15: 884–911. doi: 10.1111/jpet.12039
- Issue published online: 8 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 30 MAY 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 5 APR 2013 09:01AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 SEP 2011
- Manuscript Received: 17 MAR 2009
- Junta de Andalucía. Grant Numbers: SEJ-02936, SEJ-04992
- Spanish Ministry of Education and Science. Grant Numbers: ECO2008-04321/ECON, ECO2012-36480
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!