Note: This article is drawn from one of a series of invited addresses presented at the Asia-Pacific IASIDD 3rd Regional Conference in Tokyo, Japan, July 22–24, 2013. Professor Llewellyn is a professor of Family and Disability Studies within the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia, the director of the Centre for Disability Research and Policy, the director of the Australian Family and Disability Studies Research Collaboration, the director of the WHO Collaborating Centre for Health Workforce Development in Rehabilitation and Long Term Care, and the codirector of the Australian Supported Parenting Consortium. The author wishes to acknowledge the Australian Government's Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs support in funding “Healthy Start. A National Strategy for Children of Parents with Learning Difficulties” for the period 2005–14.
Parents With Intellectual Disability and Their Children: Advances in Policy and Practice
Article first published online: 19 JUN 2013
© 2013 International Association for the Scientific Study of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities and Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Policy and Practice in Intellectual Disabilities
Volume 10, Issue 2, pages 82–85, June 2013
How to Cite
Llewellyn, G. (2013), Parents With Intellectual Disability and Their Children: Advances in Policy and Practice. Journal of Policy and Practice in Intellectual Disabilities, 10: 82–85. doi: 10.1111/jppi.12033
- Issue published online: 19 JUN 2013
- Article first published online: 19 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 8 APR 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.