Funding: This project was funded by the Veterans Affairs Office of Rural Health/VHA Midwest Rural Health Resource Center and by the National Institute of Nursing Research (R01- NR010700). The authors declare no conflicts of interest with respect to authorship and/or publication of this article. The views expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the position or policy of the Department of Veterans Affairs or the United States government.
Unique Factors Rural Veterans’ Affairs Hospitals Face When Implementing Health Care-Associated Infection Prevention Initiatives
Article first published online: 23 MAY 2013
Published 2013. This article is a U.S. Government work and is in the public domain in the USA
The Journal of Rural Health
Volume 30, Issue 1, pages 17–26, Winter 2014
How to Cite
Harrod, M., Manojlovich, M., Kowalski, C. P., Saint, S. and Krein, S. L. (2014), Unique Factors Rural Veterans’ Affairs Hospitals Face When Implementing Health Care-Associated Infection Prevention Initiatives. The Journal of Rural Health, 30: 17–26. doi: 10.1111/jrh.12024
Acknowledgments: The authors would like to thank Sandeep Vijan for his assistance with the site visit data collection, and clinical input. We also thank Peter Kaboli for his valuable feedback and suggestions on an earlier version of this manuscript. Thank you also to the participants of this study who shared their time, knowledge, and expertise with us.
- Issue published online: 2 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 23 MAY 2013
- Veterans Affairs Office of Rural Health/VHA Midwest Rural Health Resource Center
- National Institute of Nursing Research. Grant Number: R01- NR010700
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!