Disclosures: April D. Ahrendt and David A. Maddox are employed by the SFVA HCS; Thomas S. Rector is employed by the Minneapolis VA Health Care System. A subcommittee of the SFVA HCS Research & Development Committee reviewed and approved this manuscript prior to submission. There is no funding to disclose. The contents of this manuscript do not represent the views of the Department of Veterans Affairs or the United States government.
The Effectiveness of Telemedicine for Weight Management in the MOVE! Program
Article first published online: 24 SEP 2013
Published 2013. This article is a U.S. Government work and is in the public domain in the USA
The Journal of Rural Health
Volume 30, Issue 1, pages 113–119, Winter 2014
How to Cite
Ahrendt, A. D., Kattelmann, K. K., Rector, T. S. and Maddox, D. A. (2014), The Effectiveness of Telemedicine for Weight Management in the MOVE! Program. The Journal of Rural Health, 30: 113–119. doi: 10.1111/jrh.12049
Acknowledgments: This material is the result of work supported with resources and use of the facilities of the Sioux Falls VA Health Care System (SFVA HCS), Sioux Falls, South Dakota, and the Minneapolis VA Health Care System. The authors gratefully acknowledge Brian Scott Harvill, MHA (Administrative Officer/Research and Development) for his assistance in creating the filter to extract data from CPRS for matching of subjects in the control group to the MOVE! subjects.
- Issue published online: 2 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 24 SEP 2013
- 6Post surgical review of bariatric surgery patients: a feasibility study of multidisciplinary follow up using videoconferencing. Clin Pract Epidemiol Ment Health. 2011;7:84-88., , , , .
- 7Columbia University's Informatics for Diabetes Education and Telemedicine (IDEATel) Project: rationale and design. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2002;9(1):49-62., , , et al.
- 23The effectiveness of a non-pharmacological intervention for weight gain management in severe mental disorders: results from a national multicentric study. Rev Bras Psiquiatr. 2011;33(2):117-121., , , , , .