CORE-EMSC members include Julie Rabeau, RN, EMSRN (Alaska); Tomi St Mars, RN, MSN, CEN, FAEN (Arizona); Marianne Gausche-Hill, MD, Timothy Horeczko, MD, MSCR, Larry Karsteadt, MS, Emily Kim, MPH, Nathan Kuppermann, MD, MPH, James Marcin, MD, MPH, Pamela Mather, BSN, Kenneth Stiver, MD, & Cheryl Wraa, RN, BSN, MSN (California); James DeTienne & Joseph D. Hansen (Montana); Robert E. Sapien, MD (New Mexico); and Jeremy M. Kahn, MD, MS, Scott Watson MD, MPH, Kathryn Felmet MD, Melinda Hamilton MD, MSc, & Richard Saladino MD (Pennsylvania).
Urban and Rural Patterns in Emergent Pediatric Transfer: A Call for Regionalization
Article first published online: 25 OCT 2013
© 2013 National Rural Health Association
The Journal of Rural Health
Volume 30, Issue 3, pages 252–258, Summer 2014
How to Cite
Horeczko, T., Marcin, J. P., Kahn, J. M., Sapien, R. E. and on behalf of the Consortium Of Regionalization Efforts in Emergency Medical Services for Children (CORE-EMSC) (2014), Urban and Rural Patterns in Emergent Pediatric Transfer: A Call for Regionalization. The Journal of Rural Health, 30: 252–258. doi: 10.1111/jrh.12051
Funding: The Consortium Of Regionalization Efforts in Emergency Medical Services for Children (CORE-EMSC) is supported in part by the Health Resources and Services Administration, Maternal and Child Health Bureau, EMSC Program through the following State Partnership Regionalization of Care grant programs: H3AMC24071 (Alaska), H3AMC24072 (Arizona), H3AMC24073 (California), H3AMC24074 (Montana), H3AMC24075 (New Mexico), and H3AMC24076 (Pennsylvania).
Disclosures: The authors have no financial relationships relevant to this article to disclose.
Acknowledgments: We would like to thank Larry Karsteadt, MA, and Cheryl Wraa, RN, BSN, MSN, for their invaluable in-the-field perspective and input in the manuscript. Marianne Gausche-Hill, MD, and Nathan Kuppermann, MD, MPH, were integral in the groundwork for this group and this study; their tireless efforts to improve emergency care for children are an inspiration to us all. We thank Elizabeth Edgerton, MD, MPH, Theresa Morrison-Quinata, EMT, and Tasmeen Weik, DrPH, for their review of the manuscript, for their outstanding work in improving emergency medical care for children, and for their support of CORE-EMSC.
- Issue published online: 1 JUL 2014
- Article first published online: 25 OCT 2013
- Health Resources and Services Administration, Maternal and Child Health Bureau. Grant Numbers: H3AMC24071, H3AMC24072, H3AMC24073, H3AMC24074, H3AMC24075, H3AMC24076
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!