All AVRHI Collaborators are listed in the Online Appendix.
Alabama Veterans Rural Health Initiative: A Pilot Study of Enhanced Community Outreach in Rural Areas
Article first published online: 15 DEC 2013
© 2013 National Rural Health Association
The Journal of Rural Health
Volume 30, Issue 2, pages 153–163, Spring 2014
How to Cite
Hilgeman, M. M., Mahaney-Price, A. F., Stanton, M. P., McNeal, S. F., Pettey, K. M., Tabb, K. D., Litaker, M. S., Parmelee, P., Hamner, K., Martin, M. Y., Hawn, M. T., Kertesz, S. G., Davis, L. L. and the Alabama Veterans Rural Health Initiative (AVRHI) Steering Committee (2014), Alabama Veterans Rural Health Initiative: A Pilot Study of Enhanced Community Outreach in Rural Areas. The Journal of Rural Health, 30: 153–163. doi: 10.1111/jrh.12054
Funding: The VA Office of Rural Health funded staff salaries and provided resources for the outreach activities described in this study; however, the sponsor did not have a role in study design, collection, analysis, interpretation of data, preparation of this report, or the decision to submit the paper for publication.
Disclosures: During the past 12 months Lori Davis, MD, received research funding from AstraZeneca and Merck, and consulting fees from Eli Lilly and Bracket Global.
Acknowledgments: We are grateful for the support of the VA Office of Rural Health (funding), Lawrence Biro, EdD (former VA VISN 7 Director), Alan Tyler, MS, MPA, FACHE (former Tuscaloosa VA Medical Center Director), Rica Lewis-Payton, MHA, FACHE, (former Birmingham VA Medical Center Director), and VA Research Services at the Tuscaloosa and Birmingham VA Medical Centers. A full list of participating Alabama Veteran Rural Health Initiative (AVRHI) investigators and institutions are listed in the Online Appendix.
- Issue published online: 1 APR 2014
- Article first published online: 15 DEC 2013
- VA Office of Rural Health
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!