Funding: This research was made possible by funding from the Rural Health Research Center Grant Program Cooperative Agreement from the Health Resources and Services Administration (U1CRH03717–09–00). This work was also supported by the Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health Grant (K12HD055887) from the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institutes of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD), the Office of Research on Women's Health, and the National Institute on Aging, at the National Institutes of Health, administered by the University of Minnesota Deborah E. Powell Center for Women's Health. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.
Birth Volume and the Quality of Obstetric Care in Rural Hospitals
Article first published online: 1 FEB 2014
© 2014 National Rural Health Association
The Journal of Rural Health
Volume 30, Issue 4, pages 335–343, Autumn 2014
How to Cite
Kozhimannil, K. B., Hung, P., Prasad, S., Casey, M., McClellan, M. and Moscovice, I. S. (2014), Birth Volume and the Quality of Obstetric Care in Rural Hospitals. The Journal of Rural Health, 30: 335–343. doi: 10.1111/jrh.12061
Acknowledgments: The authors wish to acknowledge the State Inpatient Databases, Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, particularly the following state data partners: Colorado Hospital Association, Iowa Hospital Association, Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services, New York State Department of Health, North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, Oregon Association of Hospitals and Health Systems, Vermont Association of Hospitals and Health Systems, Washington State Department of Health, and Wisconsin Department of Health Services. The authors are also grateful for editorial input provided by Alex McEllistrem-Evenson, MA.
- Issue published online: 2 OCT 2014
- Article first published online: 1 FEB 2014
- Rural Health Research Center Grant Program Cooperative Agreement from the Health Resources and Services Administration. Grant Number: U1CRH03717–09–00
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health. Grant Number: K12HD055887
- National Institutes of Child Health and Human Development
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!