Funding: This program was funded by the US DHHS Office on Women's Health (grant #ASTWH070001–01–00). The views expressed within are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the US Department of Health and Human Services.
Heart Smart for Women: A Community-Based Lifestyle Change Intervention to Reduce Cardiovascular Risk in Rural Women
Article first published online: 27 FEB 2014
© 2014 National Rural Health Association
The Journal of Rural Health
Volume 30, Issue 4, pages 359–368, Autumn 2014
How to Cite
Khare, M. M., Koch, A., Zimmermann, K., Moehring, P. A. and Geller, S. E. (2014), Heart Smart for Women: A Community-Based Lifestyle Change Intervention to Reduce Cardiovascular Risk in Rural Women. The Journal of Rural Health, 30: 359–368. doi: 10.1111/jrh.12066
Acknowledgments: We wish to thank the following individuals who contributed to this research: Allison Hasler, Cherie Wright, and Cindy Oliver from the Southern Seven Health Department; Jackie Kestler, Regina Rust, Ayesha Akhtar, and Beth Pellettieri from the Center for Research on Women and Gender; and Rachel Huber from the Cooper Institute. In addition, we wish to thank Sarah O'Connor-Bennett from the Illinois Department of Public Health for her ongoing support.
- Issue published online: 2 OCT 2014
- Article first published online: 27 FEB 2014
- US DHHS Office on Women's Health. Grant Number: #ASTWH070001–01–00
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!