The authors are grateful to the Lancashire Business School, UCLan (UK) for the financial support given to this research project (Report Award Number LBS-080922). Moreover, we acknowledge the Preston City Council as the originator and the distributor of the Central Lancashire Business Directory 2009 data, and we wish to thank the North and Western Lancashire Chamber of Commerce, and the Central Lancashire branch of the Federation of Small Businesses, who supported the research by name and logo. None of these organizations bears any responsibility for the authors’ analysis and interpretations of the data. Furthermore, we thank Michael Bowerman who worked dutifully as intern student assisting this project. The authors also wish to acknowledge the two anonymous reviewers who commented on a previous version of this paper. We thank them for their valuable suggestions.
Workplace Flexibility Practices in SMEs: Relationship with Performance via Redundancies, Absenteeism, and Financial Turnover
Article first published online: 29 DEC 2013
© 2013 International Council for Small Business
Journal of Small Business Management
Volume 53, Issue 4, pages 1097–1126, October 2015
How to Cite
Whyman, P. B. and Petrescu, A. I. (2015), Workplace Flexibility Practices in SMEs: Relationship with Performance via Redundancies, Absenteeism, and Financial Turnover. Journal of Small Business Management, 53: 1097–1126. doi: 10.1111/jsbm.12092
Topics of Small Business Research: Small Business Strategy and Organization; Small Business Policy and Economics.
- Issue published online: 9 SEP 2015
- Article first published online: 29 DEC 2013
- Lancashire Business School, UCLan (UK). Grant Number: LBS-080922
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!