ORIGINAL RESEARCH–OUTCOMES ASSESSMENT
Beliefs about Penis Size: Validation of a Scale for Men Ashamed about Their Penis Size
Article first published online: 30 SEP 2013
© 2013 International Society for Sexual Medicine
The Journal of Sexual Medicine
Volume 11, Issue 1, pages 84–92, January 2014
How to Cite
Veale, D., Eshkevari, E., Read, J., Miles, S., Troglia, A., Phillips, R., Echeverria, L. M. C., Fiorito, C., Wylie, K. and Muir, G. (2014), Beliefs about Penis Size: Validation of a Scale for Men Ashamed about Their Penis Size. Journal of Sexual Medicine, 11: 84–92. doi: 10.1111/jsm.12294
- Issue published online: 16 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 30 SEP 2013
- 3Does size matter? Men's and women's views on penis size across the lifespan. Psychol Men Masc 2006;7:129–143., , .
- 5Shame: Interpersonal behavior, psychopathology, and culture. New York: Oxford University Press; 1998., .
- 6Body shame: A biopsychosocial conceptualisation and overview, with treatment implications. In: Gilbert P , Miles J , eds. Body shame: Conceptualisation, research and treatment. London: Brunner-Routledge; 2002:3–54..
- 8The importance of aesthetics in body dysmorphic disorder. CNS Spectr 2002;7:429–431., .
- 9American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic & statistical manual of mental disorders. 4th edition. Washington DC: American Psychiatric Association; 1994.
- 16Male genital image: Measurement and implications for medical conditions and surgical practice. Sexologies 2011;21:43–47., , .
- 27Comparison of five rules for determining the number of components to retain. Psychol Bull 1986;99:432–442., .
- 28Finding the magic number. Psychologist 2008;21:866–867., .
- 33The long and the short of it: Gay men's perceptions of penis size. Gay Lesb Issues Psychol Rev 2007;3:121–129., .
- 37Male genital image: Measurement and implications for medical conditions and surgical practice. Sexologies 2012;21:43–47., , .
- 39Enhancing sexuality: A problem solving approach. Client work-book. Santo Antonio, TX: Graywind Publications; 1997., .
- 40Sexual dysfunctional beliefs questionnaire: An instrument to assess sexual dysfunctional beliefs as vulnerability factors to sexual problems. Sex Relat Ther 2003;18:171–204., , .