Obstructive sleep apnea
Altered cortical and subcortical local coherence in obstructive sleep apnea: a functional magnetic resonance imaging study
Version of Record online: 21 NOV 2012
© 2012 European Sleep Research Society
Journal of Sleep Research
Volume 22, Issue 3, pages 337–347, June 2013
How to Cite
Santarnecchi, E., Sicilia, I., Richiardi, J., Vatti, G., Polizzotto, N. R., Marino, D., Rocchi, R., Van De Ville, D. and Rossi, A. (2013), Altered cortical and subcortical local coherence in obstructive sleep apnea: a functional magnetic resonance imaging study. Journal of Sleep Research, 22: 337–347. doi: 10.1111/jsr.12006
- Issue online: 13 MAY 2013
- Version of Record online: 21 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Received: 30 MAY 2012
- Neurochemical–structural changes evaluation of brain in patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome. Eur. J. Radiol., 2012, 81: 491–495. , , , , and
- Positron emission tomography findings in obstructive sleep apnea patients with residual sleepiness treated with continuous positive airway pressure. J. Physiol. Pharmacol., 2007, 58(Suppl. 5): 25–35. , , , , and
- Increased brain activation during verbal learning in obstructive sleep apnea. Neuroimage, 2006, 31: 1817–1825. , , , and
- Relationship between obstructive sleep apnea severity and brain activation during a sustained attention task. Sleep, 2009, 32: 373–381. , , , and
- Toward discovery science of human brain function. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA, 2010, 107: 4734–4739. , , et al.
- Cognitive impairment in obstructive sleep apnea syndrome. J. Bras. Pneumol., 2010, 36(Suppl. 2): 32–37. and
- Quality of life and metabolic disorders in patients with obstructive sleep apnea. Clin. Invest. Med., 2012, 35: E105. , and
- Obstructive sleep apnea: brain structural changes and neurocognitive function before and after treatment. Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med., 2011, 183: 1419–1426. , , et al.
- Abnormal neural activity in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: a resting-state functional magnetic resonance imaging study. NeuroReport, 2006, 17: 1033–1036. , , et al.
- Altered brain response to verbal learning following sleep deprivation. Nature, 2000, 403: 655–657. , , , , and
- Changes in regional CNS perfusion in obstructive sleep apnea syndrome: initial SPECT studies with injected nocturnal 99mTc-HMPAO. Pneumologie, 1997, 51: 926–930. , , et al.
- Sleep disturbances and brain MRI morphometry in Parkinson's disease, multiple system atrophy and progressive supranuclear palsy: a comparative study. Parkinsonism Relat Disord, 2010, 16: 275–275. , , et al.
- The WEKA data mining software: an update. SIGKDD Explorations, 2009, 11: 10–18. , , , , and
- Pathophysiology of obstructive sleep apnea. J. Cardiopulm. Rehabil. Prev., 2008, 28: 289–298.
- Arousal systems. Front. Biosci., 2003, 8: s438–s451.
- Reduced brain gray matter concentration in patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome. Sleep, 2010, 33: 235–241. , , et al.
- Decreased regional homogeneity in schizophrenia: a resting state functional magnetic resonance imaging study. NeuroReport, 2006, 17: 19–22. , , et al.
- Brain structural changes in obstructive sleep apnea. Sleep, 2008, 31: 967–977. , , , , and
- Spectral analysis of wakefulness and REM sleep EEG in patients with sleep apnea syndrome. Eur. Respir. J., 1998, 11: 1135–1140. , , , , and
- Correlation between severity of obstructive sleep apnea and prevalence of silent cerebrovascular lesions. J. Clin. Sleep Med., 2008, 4: 242–247. , , , and
- Apoptosis and delayed neuronal damage after carbon monoxide poisoning in the rat. Exp. Neurol., 1997, 147: 103–114. , , , and
- Decoding brain states from fMRI connectivity graphs. Neuroimage, 2011, 56: 616–626. , , , and
- Control of breathing and brain activation in human subjects seen by functional magnetic resonance imaging. Physiol. Res., 1999, 48: 21–25. , and
- Left-right information flow in the brain during EEG arousals. Conf. Proc. IEEE Eng Med. Biol. Soc., 2006, 1: 6133–6136. , and
- Inter-hemispheric asynchrony of the brain during events of apnea and EEG arousals. Physiol. Meas., 2007, 28: 869–880. , and
- Cognitive profile and brain morphological changes in obstructive sleep apnea. Neuroimage, 2011, 54: 787–793. , , et al.
- Regional homogeneity changes in patients with Parkinson's disease. Hum. Brain Mapp., 2009, 30: 1502–1510. , , et al.
- Quantitative spectral analysis of vigilance EEG in patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome: EEG mapping in OSAS patients. Sleep Breath., 2011, 15: 121–128. , , , , and
- A combined neuropsychological and brain imaging study of obstructive sleep apnea. J. Sleep Res., 2009, 18: 36–48. , , et al.
- Regional homogeneity approach to fMRI data analysis. Neuroimage, 2004, 22: 394–400. , , , and
- A review of neuroimaging in obstructive sleep apnea. J. Clin. Sleep Med., 2006, 2: 461–471. and
- Static and dynamic characteristics of cerebral blood flow during the resting state. Neuroimage, 2009, 48: 515–524. , , , and