Novel assessment of microvascular changes in idiopathic restless legs syndrome (Willis–Ekbom disease)
Article first published online: 9 FEB 2013
© 2013 European Sleep Research Society
Journal of Sleep Research
Volume 22, Issue 3, pages 315–321, June 2013
How to Cite
Anderson, K. N., Di Maria, C. and Allen, J. (2013), Novel assessment of microvascular changes in idiopathic restless legs syndrome (Willis–Ekbom disease). Journal of Sleep Research, 22: 315–321. doi: 10.1111/jsr.12025
- Issue published online: 13 MAY 2013
- Article first published online: 9 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 20 AUG 2012
- Restless legs syndrome: diagnostic criteria, special considerations, and epidemiology. A report from the restless legs syndrome diagnosis and epidemiology workshop at the National Institutes of Health. Sleep Med., 2003, 4: 101–119. , , , , and
- Restless legs syndrome prevalence and impact: REST general population study. Arch. Intern. Med., 2005, 165: 1286–1292. , , et al.
- Thermal hypoaesthesia differentiates secondary restless legs syndrome associated with small fibre neuropathy from primary restless legs syndrome. Brain, 2010, 133: 762–770. , , et al.
- Treatment of restless legs syndrome and periodic limb movement disorder. In: K. R. Chaudhuri, L. Ferini-Strambi and D. Rye (Eds) Restless Legs Syndrome, 1st edn. Oxford University Press, 2009: 59–74. and
- Conversion of the modulatory actions of dopamine on spinal reflexes from depression to facilitation in D3 receptor knock-out mice. J. Neurosci., 2004, 24: 11337–11345. and
- Restless legs syndrome: revisiting the dopamine hypothesis from the spinal cord perspective. Neurology, 2006, 67: 125–130. , and
- Alterations in pain responses in treated and untreated patients with restless legs syndrome: associations with sleep disruption. Sleep Med., 2011, 12: 603–609. , , , , and
- Restless legs: a clinical study. Acta Med. Scand., 1945, 158: 1–122.
- Abnormal cutaneous thermal thresholds in patients with restless legs syndrome. J. Neurol., 2003, 250: 362–365. and
- Applied Logistic Regression. Wiley, New York, NY, 2000. and
- Sensations in restless legs syndrome. Sleep Med., 2012, 13: 402–408. , , and
- The thermophysiological cascade leading to sleep initiation in relation to phase of entrainment. Sleep Med. Rev., 2007, 11: 439–451.
- Infrared thermal imaging in medicine. Physiol. Meas., 2012, 33: R33–R46. and
- SO/TR 13154:2009. Medical electrical equipment – deployment, implementation and operational guidelines for indentifying febrile humans using a screening thermograph.
- Static mechanical hyperalgesia without dynamic tactile allodynia in patients with restless legs syndrome. Brain, 2004, 127: 773–782. , , , and
- Toward a better definition of the restless legs syndrome. The international restless legs syndrome study group. Mov. Disord., 1995, 10: 634–642.