On behalf of the scientific council of The Sleep Registry of the French Federation of Pneumology, (FFP), PARIS, France.
Regular Research Paper
Residual sleepiness in sleep apnea patients treated by continuous positive airway pressure
Article first published online: 15 FEB 2013
© 2013 European Sleep Research Society
Journal of Sleep Research
Volume 22, Issue 4, pages 389–397, August 2013
How to Cite
Gasa, M., Tamisier, R., Launois, S. H., Sapene, M., Martin, F., Stach, B., Grillet, Y., Levy, P. and Pepin, J.-L. (2013), Residual sleepiness in sleep apnea patients treated by continuous positive airway pressure. Journal of Sleep Research, 22: 389–397. doi: 10.1111/jsr.12039
- Issue published online: 16 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 15 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 20 SEP 2012
- Frontal brain lobe impairment in obstructive sleep apnea: a proton MR spectroscopy study. Eur. Respir. J., 2004, 24: 980–986. , , et al.
- The effect of CPAP in normalizing daytime sleepiness, quality of life, and neurocognitive function in patients with moderate to severe OSA. Sleep, 2011, 34: 111–119. , , et al.
- Continuous positive airways pressure for obstructive sleep apnea in adults. Cochrane Database Syst. Rev., 2006, 25: CD001106. , , , , and
- Behavioral and genetic markers of sleepiness. J. Clin. Sleep Med., 2011, 7: S19–S21. and
- DQB1*0602 predicts interindividual differences in physiologic sleep, sleepiness, and fatigue. Neurology, 2010, 75: 1509–1519. , , and
- Reliability and factor analysis of the Epworth Sleepiness Scale. Sleep, 1992, 15: 376–381.
- Daytime sleepiness and sleep habits of Australian workers. Sleep, 1997, 20: 844–849. and
- Predictors of residual sleepiness in adequately treated obstructive sleep apnea patients. Eur. Respir. J., 2009, 34: 687–693. , , et al.
- Continuous positive airway pressure reduces daytime sleepiness in mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea: a meta-analysis. Thorax, 2006, 61: 430–434. , , et al.
- Residual subjective daytime sleepiness under CPAP treatment in initially somnolent apnea patients: a pilot study using data mining methods. Sleep Med., 2008, 9: 511–516. , , et al.
- Determining the level of sleepiness in the American population and its correlates. J. Psychiatr. Res., 2012, 46: 422–427.
- Prevalence of high Epworth Sleepiness Scale scores in a rural population. Can. Respir. J., 2012, 19: e10–e14. , , et al.
- Continuous positive airway pressure therapy for treating sleepiness in a diverse population with obstructive sleep apnea: results of a meta-analysis. Arch. Intern. Med., 2003, 163: 565–571. , , , and
- Prevalence of residual excessive sleepiness in CPAP-treated sleep apnea patients: the French multicentre study. Eur. Respir. J., 2009, 33: 1062–1067. , , et al.
- [Brief self-evaluation questionnaire for depressive, asthenic and anxious dimensions]. Ann. Med. Psychol. (Paris), 1984, 142: 862–865. and
- Factor analysis of a self-evaluation questionnaire for depressive symptoms. Revue de Psychologie Appliquée, 1964, 15: 15–24. and
- Post-CPAP sleepiness – a specific syndrome? J. Sleep Res., 2007, 16: 436–438. , and
- Obstructive sleep apnea and risk of motor vehicle crash: systematic review and meta-analysis. J. Clin. Sleep Med., 2009, 5: 573–581. , , and
- Residual sleepiness in obstructive sleep apnea: phenotype and related symptoms. Eur. Respir. J., 2011, 38: 98–105. , , et al.
- Modafinil improves functional outcomes in patients with residual excessive sleepiness associated with CPAP treatment. J. Clin. Sleep Med., 2009, 5: 499–505. , and
- Epidemiology of obstructive sleep apnea: a population health perspective. Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med., 2002, 165: 1217–1239. , and