Regular Research Paper
Genetic factors in evolution of sleep length – a longitudinal twin study in Finnish adults
Version of Record online: 20 MAR 2013
© 2013 European Sleep Research Society
Journal of Sleep Research
Volume 22, Issue 5, pages 513–518, October 2013
How to Cite
Hublin, C., Partinen, M., Koskenvuo, M. and Kaprio, J. (2013), Genetic factors in evolution of sleep length – a longitudinal twin study in Finnish adults. Journal of Sleep Research, 22: 513–518. doi: 10.1111/jsr.12051
- Issue online: 13 SEP 2013
- Version of Record online: 20 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 3 DEC 2012
- Academy of Finland Center of Excellence in Complex Disease Genetics. Grant Numbers: 213506, 129680
- Quantitative genetic research on sleep: a review of normal sleep, sleep disturbances and associated emotional, behavioural, and health-related difficulties. Sleep Med. Rev., 2013, 17: 29–40. and
- Genetic and environmental influences on different components of the Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index and their overlap. Sleep, 2010, 33: 659–668. , , , and
- Genetic and environmental factors shape infant sleep patterns: a study of 18-month-old twins. Pediatrics, 2011, 127: 1296–1302. , , et al.
- Meta-analysis of short sleep duration and obesity in children and adults. Sleep, 2008, 31: 619–626. , , et al.
- Sleep duration and all-cause mortality: a systematic review and meta-analysis of prospective studies. Sleep, 2010a, 33: 585–592. , , and
- Quantity and quality of sleep and incidence of type 2 diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Diabetes Care, 2010b, 33: 414–420. , , and
- Is sleep duration associated with childhood obesity? A systematic review and meta-analysis. Obesity, 2008, 16: 265–274. , and
- The continuing value of twin studies in the omics era. Nat. Rev. Genet., 2012, 13: 640–653. , , , and
- Sleep duration and mortality: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J. Sleep Res., 2009, 18: 148–158. and
- Sleep and dream characteristics in twins. Acta Genet. Med. Gemellol., 1979, 28: 237–239. and
- A twin-study of sleep difficulties in school-aged children. Child Dev., 2006, 77: 1668–1679. , and
- Sleep and mortality: a population-based 22-year follow-up study. Sleep, 2007, 30: 1245–1253. , , and
- Genetic and environmental factors in complex diseases: the Older Finnish Twin Cohort. Twin Res., 2002, 5: 358–365. and
- Advanced methods in twin studies. Methods Mol. Biol., 2011, 713: 143–152. and
- Trends in self-reported sleep duration and insomnia-related symptoms in Finland from 1972 to 2005: a comparative review and re-analysis of Finnish population samples. J. Sleep Res., 2008, 17: 54–62. , , et al.
- Methodology for Genetic Studies of Twins and Families. Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht, 1992. and
- Methodology for Genetic Studies of Twins and Families. Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht, 2004. http://www.vipbg.vcu.edu/mx/book2004a.pdf , and .
- Problems with using sum scores for estimating variance components: contamination and measurement noninvariance. Twin Res. Hum. Genet., 2005, 8: 553–568. , , and
- Short sleep duration as a possible cause of obesity: critical analysis of the epidemiological evidence. Obes. Rev., 2011, 12: 78–92. , and
- TRIB1 constitutes a molecular link between regulation of sleep and lipid metabolism in humans. Trans. Psychiatry, 2012, 2: e97. , , et al.
- Genetic and environmental determination of human sleep. Sleep, 1983, 6: 179–185. , , , and
- Theory and practice in quantitative genetics. Twin Res., 2003, 6: 361–376. , , et al.
- Diagnosis of twin zygosity by mailed questionnaire. Hum. Hered., 1978, 28: 241–254. , , and