M. A. T. C. and C. R. B. contributed equally to this work.
Actigraphic assessment of periodic leg movements in patients with restless legs syndrome
Article first published online: 26 MAR 2013
© 2013 European Sleep Research Society
Journal of Sleep Research
Volume 22, Issue 5, pages 589–592, October 2013
How to Cite
Cippà, M. A. T., Baumann, C. R., Siccoli, M. M., Bassetti, C. L., Poryazova, R. and Werth, E. (2013), Actigraphic assessment of periodic leg movements in patients with restless legs syndrome. Journal of Sleep Research, 22: 589–592. doi: 10.1111/jsr.12053
- Issue published online: 13 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 26 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 20 NOV 2012
- Restless legs syndrome: diagnostic criteria, special considerations, and epidemiology. A report from the restless legs syndrome diagnosis and epidemiology workshop at the National Institutes of Health. Sleep Med., 2003, 4: 101–119. , , , , ,
- Restless legs and restless legs-like syndrome. Sleep Med., 2006, 7: 534. , , ,
- Restless legs symptoms without periodic limb movements in sleep and without response to dopaminergic agents: a restless legs-like syndrome? Eur. J. Neurol., 2007, 14: 1369–1372. , ,
- Periodic leg movements during sleep in the elderly. Arch. Gerontol. Geriatr., 1985, 4: 273–281. , , ,
- Leg movements during wakefulness in restless legs syndrome: time structure and relationships with periodic leg movements during sleep. Sleep Med., 2012, 13: 529–535. , , et al.
- PLM detection by actigraphy compared to polysomnography: a validation and comparison of two actigraphs. Sleep Med., 2009, 10: 306–311. , , et al.
- The international RLS study group rating scale: a reliable and valid instrument for assessing severity of the restless legs syndrome. Neurology, 2001, 56 (Suppl. 3): A4. and
- The AASM Manual for the Scoring of Sleep and Associated Events: Rules, Terminology and Technical Specifications, 1st edn. American Academy of Sleep Medicine (ASSM), Westchester, IL, 2007. , , ,
- The validation of a new actigraphy system for the measurement of periodic leg movements in sleep. Sleep Med., 2005, 6: 507–513. , , , ,
- Assessment of restless legs syndrome—methodological approaches for use in practice and clinical trials. Mov. Disord., 2007, 22(Suppl. 18): S485–S494. , , et al.
- Periodic leg movements are not more prevalent in insomnia or hypersomnia but are specifically associated with sleep disorders involving a dopaminergic impairment. Sleep Med., 2000, 1: 163–167. , , ,
- The PAM-RL ambulatory device for detection of periodic leg movements: a validation study. Sleep Med., 2005, 6: 407–413. , ,
- Correlates of PLMs variability over multiple nights and impact upon RLS diagnosis. Sleep Med., 2009, 10: 668–671. , , et al.