Acknowledgments: The author would like to thank the JSSR editor and anonymous reviewers for their insightful critiques and suggestions. Data for this study come from the Portraits of American Life Study, a publicly available data set available at http://www.palsresearch.org/pals/researchers/.
Close Ties, Intercessory Prayer, and Optimism Among American Adults: Locating God in the Social Support Network
Article first published online: 1 MAR 2013
© 2013 The Society for the Scientific Study of Religion
Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion
Volume 52, Issue 1, pages 35–56, March 2013
How to Cite
Schafer, M. H. (2013), Close Ties, Intercessory Prayer, and Optimism Among American Adults: Locating God in the Social Support Network. Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion, 52: 35–56. doi: 10.1111/jssr.12010
- Issue published online: 1 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 1 MAR 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!