Note: The 1998 General Social Survey data used for these analyses are available at the Association of Religion Data Archives: http://www.thearda.com/.
How Does Religion Promote Forgiveness? Linking Beliefs, Orientations, and Practices
Article first published online: 1 MAR 2013
© 2013 The Society for the Scientific Study of Religion
Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion
Volume 52, Issue 1, pages 100–119, March 2013
How to Cite
Escher, D. (2013), How Does Religion Promote Forgiveness? Linking Beliefs, Orientations, and Practices. Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion, 52: 100–119. doi: 10.1111/jssr.12012
Acknowledgments: The author offers special thanks to Christian Smith, Kraig Beyerlein, Jessica L. Collett, Amy Jonason, Richard A. Williams, participants in the Research and Analysis in the Sociology of Religion workshop, and the journal's anonymous reviewers. This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship under grant number DGE08-22217.
- Issue published online: 1 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 1 MAR 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!