Acknowledgments: The author would like to thank all the participants in this study and the domestic violence organizations that helped in recruiting them. He would also like to thank Deborah Carr, Jeff Kidder, Kristin Myers, Adam Slez, Elizabeth Schewe, Laura Olson, and the anonymous reviewers for all their comments and suggestions for improving this article. This study was funded in part by the University of Wisconsin Department of Soeciology and the Constant H. Jacquet Research Award from the Religious Research Association. The author is solely responsible for all interpretations and errors.
When Prayers Go Unanswered
Version of Record online: 1 MAR 2013
© 2013 The Society for the Scientific Study of Religion
Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion
Volume 52, Issue 1, pages 1–16, March 2013
How to Cite
Sharp, S. (2013), When Prayers Go Unanswered. Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion, 52: 1–16. doi: 10.1111/jssr.12013
- Issue online: 1 MAR 2013
- Version of Record online: 1 MAR 2013
- University of Wisconsin Department of Soeciology
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!