Acknowledgments: This is a revised version of the SSSR presidential address, delivered November 10, 2012, in Phoenix. For comments, critique, and suggestions both before the address and in the revising, the author thanks Lori Beaman, Mark Chaves, Jay Demerath, Janet Jacobs, Kelly Moore, Steve Warner, Richard Wood, and the members of the Sociology of Religion Working Group in the Department of Sociology at Loyola University Chicago. As the cliché goes—nonetheless true—errors of interpretation remain mine.
Civil Religion and the Cultural Politics of National Identity in Obama's America
Version of Record online: 4 JUN 2013
© 2013 The Society for the Scientific Study of Religion
Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion
Volume 52, Issue 2, pages 239–257, June 2013
How to Cite
Williams, R. H. (2013), Civil Religion and the Cultural Politics of National Identity in Obama's America. Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion, 52: 239–257. doi: 10.1111/jssr.12032
- Issue online: 4 JUN 2013
- Version of Record online: 4 JUN 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!