Acknowledgments: For helpful feedback, the author would like to thank Jason Kaufman, Theda Skocpol, Robert Sampson, Nancy Ammerman, Michele Lamont, Daniel Carpenter, Jerry Park, Kyle Irwin, and participants in Harvard University's Qualitative Methods Seminar. Previous versions of this article were presented at annual meetings of the American Sociological Association.
Compassionate Conservatives? Evangelicals, Economic Conservatism, and National Identity
Version of Record online: 4 MAR 2014
© 2014 The Society for the Scientific Study of Religion
Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion
Volume 53, Issue 1, pages 164–186, March 2014
How to Cite
Bean, L. (2014), Compassionate Conservatives? Evangelicals, Economic Conservatism, and National Identity. Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion, 53: 164–186. doi: 10.1111/jssr.12087
- Issue online: 4 MAR 2014
- Version of Record online: 4 MAR 2014
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!