These authors contributed equally to this work.
Genetic testing in patients with acute coronary syndrome undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention: a cost-effectiveness analysis
Article first published online: 27 JAN 2013
© 2012 International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis
Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis
Volume 11, Issue 1, pages 81–91, January 2013
How to Cite
LALA, A., BERGER, J. S., SHARMA, G., HOCHMAN, J. S., SCOTT BRAITHWAITE, R. and LADAPO, J. A. (2013), Genetic testing in patients with acute coronary syndrome undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention: a cost-effectiveness analysis. Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis, 11: 81–91. doi: 10.1111/jth.12059
- Issue published online: 27 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 27 JAN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 8 NOV 2012 10:31AM EST
- Received 25 July 2012, accepted 1 November 2012
- 6The worry about clopidogrel “nonresponsiveness”: identification and treatment in the post-percutaneous coronary intervention patient. JACC Cardiovasc Interv 2009; 2: 1102–4., , .
- 13ACCF/AHA Clopidogrel clinical alert: approaches to the FDA “boxed warning”: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation Task Force on Clinical Expert Consensus Documents and the American Heart Association. Circulation 2010; 122: 537–57., , , , , .
- 17Quality of care for acute coronary syndrome patients with known atherosclerotic disease: results from the Get With the Guidelines Program. Circulation 2009; 120: 560–7., , , , , , , .
- 18Effect of prior stroke on the use of evidence-based therapies and in-hospital outcomes in patients with myocardial infarction (from the NCDR ACTION GWTG registry). Am J Cardiol 2011; 107: 1441–6., , , , , , , , , , .
- 20The Occluded Artery Trial (OAT) Viability Ancillary Study (OAT-NUC): influence of infarct zone viability on left ventricular remodeling after percutaneous coronary intervention versus optimal medical therapy alone. Am Heart J 2011; 161: 611–21., , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 23The Bypass Angioplasty Revascularization Investigation 2 Diabetes randomized trial of different treatment strategies in type 2 diabetes mellitus with stable ischemic heart disease: impact of treatment strategy on cardiac mortality and myocardial infarction. Circulation 2009; 120: 2529–40., , , , , , , , , .
- 25Evaluation of prasugrel compared with clopidogrel in patients with acute coronary syndromes: design and rationale for the TRial to assess Improvement in Therapeutic Outcomes by optimizing platelet InhibitioN with prasugrel Thrombolysis In Myocardial Infarction 38 (TRITON-TIMI 38). Am Heart J 2006; 152: 627–35., , , , , , , , , .
- 26Platelet Aggregaton. In: Michelson AD, ed. Platelets. San Diego, CA: Academic Press, 2002: 291–6., .
- 27Preference-Based EQ-5D index scores for chronic conditions in the United States. Med Decis Making 2006; 26: 410–20., .
- 28Cost-effectiveness of dabigatran compared with warfarin for stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation. Ann Intern Med 2011; 154: 1–11., , , , , , , .
- 29Cost-effectiveness of prasugrel versus clopidogrel in patients with acute coronary syndromes and planned percutaneous coronary intervention: results from the trial to assess improvement in therapeutic outcomes by optimizing platelet inhibition with Prasugrel-Thrombolysis in Myocardial Infarction TRITON-TIMI 38. Circulation 2010; 121: 71–9., , , , , , , .
- 30Clopidogrel poor metabolizers may need alternative to standard regimen. Am J Health-Syst Pharm 2010; 67: 779–80..
- 31Bureau of Labor & Statistics Consumer Price Index Calculator. Available at: http://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm. Accessed July 12, 2012.
- 38FDA approves Brillinta. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm263964.htm. Accessed 12 July 2012.
- 39Ticagrelor versus genotype-driven antiplatelet therapy for secondary prevention after acute coronary syndrome: a cost-effectiveness analysis. Value Health 2011; 14: 483–91., , , , .
- 40Centers for Medicare Medicaid Services (CMS), HHS. Medicaid program; cost limit for providers operated by units of government and provisions to ensure the integrity of federal-state financial partnership. Final rule; implementation of court orders. Fed Regist 2010; 75: 73972–6.
- 41Centers for Medicare Medicaid Services (CMS), HHS. Medicare program; inpatient rehabilitation facility prospective payment system for federal fiscal year 2012; changes in size and square footage of inpatient rehabilitation units and inpatient psychiatric units. Final rule. Fed Regist. 2011; 76: 47836–915.
- 44Trends in medical spending by age, 1963–2000. Health Aff (Millwood) 2004; 23: 176–83., , .