Anticoagulant therapy for venous thromboembolism during pregnancy: a systematic review and a meta-analysis of the literature
Article first published online: 7 FEB 2013
© 2012 International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis
Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis
Volume 11, Issue 2, pages 270–281, February 2013
How to Cite
ROMUALDI, E., DENTALI, F., RANCAN, E., SQUIZZATO, A., STEIDL, L., MIDDELDORP, S. and AGENO, W. (2013), Anticoagulant therapy for venous thromboembolism during pregnancy: a systematic review and a meta-analysis of the literature. Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis, 11: 270–281. doi: 10.1111/jth.12085
- Issue published online: 7 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 7 FEB 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 3 DEC 2012 11:56AM EST
- Received 5 September 2012, accepted 20 November 2012
- 1Centre for Maternal and Child Enquiries (CMACE). Saving mothers’ lives: reviewing maternal deaths to make motherhood safer: 2006–08. The eighth report on confidential enquiries into maternal deaths in the United Kingdom. BJOG2011; 118(Suppl. 1): 1–203.
- 2The Acute Management of Thrombosis and Embolism During Pregnancy and the Puerperium. Giudeline no. 37b. London: Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, 2007. http://www.rcog.org.uk. Accessed 4 April 2011.
- 6American College of Chest Physicians. VTE, thrombophilia, antithrombotic therapy, and pregnancy: antithrombotic therapy and prevention of thrombosis, 9th edn: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines. Chest2012; 141(Suppl. 2): e691S–736S., , , , , ;
- 11Anticoagulant therapy for deep vein thrombosis (DVT) in pregnancy. Cochrane Database Syst Rev2010; 6: CD007801., , , , .
- 13on behalf of the subcommittee on control of anticoagulation of the Scientific and Standardization committee of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis. Definition of major bleeding in clinical investigations of antihemostatic medicinal products in non-surgical patients. Scientific and Standardization Committee Communication. J Thromb Haemost2005; 3: 692–4., ,
- 14Prevention and Management of Postpartum Haemorrhage. Guideline no. 52. London: Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, 2009. http://www.rcog.org.uk. Accessed 4 April 2012.
- 16The Newcastle-Ottawa Scale (NOS) for Assessing the Quality of Non Randomised Studies in Meta-Analyses. http://www.ohri.ca/programs/clinical_epidemiology/oxford.asp. Accessed January 2012., , , , , , .
- 20Diagnostik und therapie der tiefen Becken-Beinvenenthrombose in der Schwangershaft. Zentralbl Gynacol2000; 122: 374–82., , , , , .
- 24Obstetric outcome with low molecular weight heparin therapy during pregnancy. Ir Med J2012; 105: 27–9., , , .
- 34Safety and efficacy of nadroparin for the management of venous thromboembolism or thrombophilia in pregnancy. J Thromb Haemost2007; 5(Suppl. 2): P-S-623., , , , , .
- 35The incidence of hemorrhagic and thromboembolic complications of therapeutic and prophylactic low molecular weight heparin regimen during pregnancy. J Thromb Haemost2011; 9(Suppl. 2): P-WE-343., , , .
- 36Treatment of VTE during pregnancy with a once daily regimen of LMWH. J Thromb Haemost2007; 5(Suppl. 2): P-T-607., , , , .
- 40Treatment of 51 patients with danaparoid because of heparin intolerance. J Thromb Haemost2005; 3(Suppl. 1): P0508., , .