Hepatitis B Screening in US Travelers Seen at the Boston Area Travel Medicine Network
Article first published online: 26 DEC 2012
© 2013 International Society of Travel Medicine
Journal of Travel Medicine
Volume 20, Issue 1, pages 29–36, January/February 2013
How to Cite
Chen, L. H., Barnett, E. D., Wilson, M. E., MacLeod, W., Yanni, E. A., Ooi, W., Karchmer, A. W., Kogelman, L., Marano, N. and Hamer, D. H. (2013), Hepatitis B Screening in US Travelers Seen at the Boston Area Travel Medicine Network. Journal of Travel Medicine, 20: 29–36. doi: 10.1111/jtm.12002
- Issue published online: 26 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 26 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 23 MAR 2012
- Manuscript Received: 21 JAN 2012
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Boston Medical Center. Grant Number: 1 U19CI000508-01
- 2WHO. Hepatitis B fact sheet. Available at: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs204/en/index.html. (Accessed 2010 Jul 26)
- 4A comprehensive immunization strategy to eliminate transmission of hepatitis B virus infection in the United States: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). Part II: Immunization of adults. Morbid Mortal Wkly Rep 2006; 55:1–40., , , et al.
- 5Recommendations for identification and public health management of persons with chronic hepatitis B virus infection. Morbid Mortal Wkly Rep 2008; 57:1–28., , , et al.
- 6Colvin HM, Mitchell AE, ed. Committee on the Prevention and Control of Viral Hepatitis Infections; Institute of Medicine. Hepatitis and liver cancer: a national strategy for prevention and control of hepatitis B and C. Summary available at: http://www.nap.edu/catalog/12793.html. (Accessed 2010 Aug 7), The National Academies Press, Washington, DC, 2010.
- 7CDC. Screening for chronic hepatitis B among Asian/Pacific Islander populations in New York City, 2005. Morbid Mortal Wkly Rep 2006; 55:505–509.
- 8CDC. Characteristics of persons with chronic hepatitis B—San Francisco, California, 2006. Morbid Mortal Wkly Rep 2007; 56:446–448.
- 11CDC. Hepatocellular carcinoma—United States, 2001–2006. Morbid Mortal Wkly Rep 2010; 59:517–520.
- 12Hepatitis B virus in the US: infection, exposure, and immunity rates in a nationally representative survey. Ann Intern Med 2011; 154:319–328..
- 15The natural history of chronic hepatitis B. J Viral Hepatitis 2007; 14:6–10., .
- 162007;22:100., , , et al. Are primary care clinicians knowledgeable about screening for chronic hepatitis B infection? In: Abstracts from the 30th Annual Meeting of the Society of General Internal Medicine, Toronto, Canada. J Gen Intern Med
- 17Chu D. Hepatitis B virus screening practices of Asian American primary care physicians who treat Asian adults living in the United States. In: Abstracts of the 13th International Symposium on Viral Hepatitis and Liver Disease; 2009 Mar 20–24; Washington, DC, 2009 (Abstract OP-61).
- 18CDC. Recommended adult immunization schedule—United States, 2011. Morbid Mortal Wkly Rep 2011; 60:1–4.
- 20Greenaway C, Dongier P, Boivin J-F, et al. Viral hepatitis in newly arrived immigrants and refugees. In: 56th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene; 2007, Nov 4–8; Philadelphia, PA, 2007. (Abstract nr 383)
- 24Department of Health and Human Services. Combating the silent epidemic of viral hepatitis: action plan for the prevention, care & treatment of viral hepatitis. Available at: http://www.hhs.gov/ash/initiatives/hepatitis/actionplan_viralhepatitis2011.pdf. (Accessed 2011 Nov 10)