Abstract presented at the 2008 International Conference on Emerging Infectious Diseases, Atlanta, GA, USA, March 16–19, 2008.
A Survey of US Travelers to Asia to Assess Compliance With Recommendations for the Use of Japanese Encephalitis Vaccine
Article first published online: 8 MAR 2013
Published 2013. This article is a U.S. Government work and is in the public domain in the USA
Journal of Travel Medicine
Volume 20, Issue 3, pages 165–170, May/June 2013
How to Cite
Duffy, M. R., Reed, C., Edelson, P. J., Blumensaadt, S., Crocker, K., Griggs, A., Biggerstaff, B. J., Delorey, M. J., Hayes, E. B. and Fischer, M. (2013), A Survey of US Travelers to Asia to Assess Compliance With Recommendations for the Use of Japanese Encephalitis Vaccine. Journal of Travel Medicine, 20: 165–170. doi: 10.1111/jtm.12020
- Issue published online: 12 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 8 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 2 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 27 JUL 2012
- 1Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Japanese encephalitis vaccines: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2010; 59(RR-1):1–27.
- 2World Health Organization. Japanese encephalitis vaccines. Wkly Epidemiol Rec 2006; 81:331–340.
- 5Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Inactivated Japanese encephalitis virus vaccine: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 1993; 42(RR-1):1–15.
- 6Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Update on Japanese encephalitis vaccine for children—United States, May 2011. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2011; 60:664–665.
- 7Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Recommendations for use of a booster dose of inactivated Vero cell culture-derived Japanese encephalitis vaccine—Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, 2011. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2011; 60:661–663.
- 8World Tourism Organization. Yearbook of tourism statistics: data 2000–2004. Madrid, Spain: World Tourism Organization, 2006.
- 9Lumley T. Survey: analysis of complex survey samples. R package version 3.24-1, 2011.
- 10R development Core Team. R: a language and environment for statistical computing. R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria. ISBN 3-9000051-07-0. Available at: http://www.R-project.org. (Accessed 2011 Nov 21).
- 11Stratified random sampling. In: Sampling techniques. 3rd Ed. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1977:89–114..
- 12Food and Drug Administration. Product approval information [package insert]. Ixiaro (Japanese encephalitis virus vaccine inactivated). Intercell Biomedical, Livingston, UK. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Vaccines/ApprovedProducts/ucm179132.htm. (Accessed 2011 Dec 22).
- 15Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Japanese encephalitis in two children—United States, 2010. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2011; 60:276–278.
- 16A case of aseptic meningitis due to Japanese encephalitis virus in a traveller returning from the Philippines. Acta Neurol Belg 2011; 11:143–145., .
- 23Immigrants returning home to visit friends and relatives (VFRs). In: Brunette G, ed. Health information for international travel, 2012. Atlanta: US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, 2011:547–551..