Health-Related Adverse Events and Associated Factors in Recreational Divers With Different Certification Levels
Article first published online: 29 JUL 2013
© 2013 International Society of Travel Medicine
Journal of Travel Medicine
Volume 20, Issue 5, pages 289–295, September/October 2013
How to Cite
Özdemir, L., Duru-Aşiret, G., Bayrak-Kahraman, B., Devrez, N. and Akbayır, A. (2013), Health-Related Adverse Events and Associated Factors in Recreational Divers With Different Certification Levels. Journal of Travel Medicine, 20: 289–295. doi: 10.1111/jtm.12059
- Issue published online: 2 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 29 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 31 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: 26 MAR 2013
- 1The Abacus Project: establishing the risk of recreational scuba death and decompression illness. SPUMS J 2002; 32:124–128., , .
- 6Diving report of Association of Commercial Dive Centers. Ankara: 2013..
- 7Richardson D, ed. Encyclopedia of recreational diving, PADI. 3rd Ed. Rancho Santa Margarita, CA: PADI, 2005.
- 8Richardson D, ed. Rescue diver manual 2011 Edition. Rancho Santa Margarita, CA: PADI, 2011.
- 9Pollock NW, ed. Annual diving report 2008 Edition. Durham: Divers Alert Network, 2008.
- 10Denoble PJ, Marroni A, Vann RD. Annual fatality rates and associated risk factors for recreational scuba diving. In: Vann RD, Lang MA, eds. Recreational diving fatalities. Proceedings of the Divers Alert Network 2010 April 8–10 Workshop. Durham, NC: Divers Alert Network, 2011:73–83.
- 11Turkish Underwater Sports Federation. Deep diving standards and the trainer's guidebook. Available at: http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:bXvfLS1vrHAJ:www.tssf.gov.tr. (Accessed 2013 Jan 2)
- 13World Recreational Scuba Training Council. Dive standards & medical statement. Available at: http://www.wrstc.com/downloads.php. (Accessed 2013 Jan 2)
- 14Scuba diving and the emergency nurse. Australas Emerg Nurs J 1998; 1:41–44..
- 15Risk factors for dive injury: a survey study. Res Sports Med 2007; 15:201–211., .
- 16Diving certification. Available at: http://www.euf-certification.org/index.php?id=6627. (Accessed 2013 May 15)
- 17The European Diving Technology Committee. Fitness to dive standards, 2003. Available at: http://www.edtc.org/EDTC-Fitnesstodivestandard-2003.pdf. (Accessed 2013 Jan 2)
- 18Regulations related with making change on the regulation of professional underwater men. Official Gazette. Number: 26788. Available at: http://www.resmigazete.gov.tr/eskiler/2008/02/20080215-6.htm. (Accessed 2013 Sep 2)
- 20Van RD, Freiberger JJ, Caruso JL, et al. DAN (Diving Alert Network) report on decompression illness, diving fatalities and project dive exploration: 2006 Edition (Based on 2004 Data). Available at: http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/medical/report/2006DANDivingReport.pdf. (Accessed 2013 Sep 2)
- 22Approach to pathologies related high-pressure. Yoğun Bakım Dergisi 2005; 5:208–220..
- 29Muscle cramps potassium deficiency. Available at: http://www.jeanlabellemd.com/TheHealthy_Tennis_player/9-11muslces.pdf. (Accessed 2013 May 21)
- 30Nutrition and scuba diving. Available at: http://www.scuba-doc.com/Nutrition.htm. (Accessed 2013 May 21)