Corynebacterium diphtheriae and the Returned Tropical Traveler
Version of Record online: 8 NOV 2013
© 2013 International Society of Travel Medicine
Journal of Travel Medicine
Volume 21, Issue 1, pages 39–44, January/February 2014
How to Cite
May, M. L.A., McDougall, R. J. and Robson, J. M. (2014), Corynebacterium diphtheriae and the Returned Tropical Traveler. Journal of Travel Medicine, 21: 39–44. doi: 10.1111/jtm.12074
- Issue online: 3 JAN 2014
- Version of Record online: 8 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 12 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Received: 20 MAY 2013
- 5Imported cutaneous diphtheria, United Kingdom. Emerg Infect Dis 2004; 10:511–513., , , et al.
- 8Lindhusen-Lindhé E, Dotevall L, Berglund M. Imported laryngeal and cutaneous diphtheria in tourists returning from western Africa to Sweden, March 2012. Euro Surveill 2012;17; pii: 20189.
- 9National Health and Medical Research Council, Australia Research Council and Australian Vice-Chancellors' Committee. National statement on ethical conduct in human research. Vol. 1. Canberra: Australian Government, 2007 Chapter 5:p79.
- 10Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute. Performance standards for antimicrobial susceptibility testing. In: Approved standard. Wayne, PA: Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute, 2005:M100–S15.
- 12Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute. Methods for antimicrobial dilution and disk susceptibility testing of infrequently isolated or fastidious bacteria. In: Approved standard. Wayne, PA: Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute, 2006:M45–A.
- 16Public Health Laboratory Network. Diphtheria Laboratory Case Definition. Available at http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/cda-phlncd-diphtheria.htm. Last updated 27 January 2009. Accessed 20 July 2013.
- 17Diphtheria Surveillance Network. Screening for Corynebacterium diphtheriae and Corynebacterium ulcerans in patients with upper respiratory tract infections 2007–2008: a multicentre European study. Clin Microbiol Infect 2011; 17:519–525., , , et al.,
- 19Cases of cutaneous diphtheria in New Zealand: implications for surveillance and management. N Z Med J 2012; 125:64–71., , , et al.
- 20A case of diphtheria in Auckland—implications for disease control. N Z Public Health Rep 1998; 5:73–76., , , .
- 29National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System. Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing 2011. Available at: http//www.health.gov.au/cda-index.cfm. Last updated 15 October 2012. (Accessed 2012 Oct 15)
- 30Murphy JR. Corynebacterium diphtheriae. In: Baron S, editor. Medical microbiology, 4th Ed. Galveston: University of Texas, 1996. Chapter 32. Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK7971. (Accessed 2012 Aug 10)