A portion of the study results was presented at the 59th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene in Atlanta, GA, in November 2010. Kogelman L, Barnett ED, Yanni E, Winter MR, Chaisson CE, Chen LH, Wilson ME, Karchmer AW, Ooi WW, Gleva E, Brunette G, Hamer DH. Knowledge, attitudes and practices of practitioners who provide pre-travel consultations. Abstract 498.
Knowledge, Attitudes, and Practices of US Practitioners Who Provide Pre-Travel Advice†
Article first published online: 4 MAR 2014
© 2014 International Society of Travel Medicine
Journal of Travel Medicine
Volume 21, Issue 2, pages 104–114, March/April 2014
How to Cite
Kogelman, L., Barnett, E. D., Chen, L. H., Quinn, E., Yanni, E., Wilson, M. E., Benoit, C., Karchmer, A. W., Ooi, W. W., Jentes, E. S. and Hamer, D. H. (2014), Knowledge, Attitudes, and Practices of US Practitioners Who Provide Pre-Travel Advice. Journal of Travel Medicine, 21: 104–114. doi: 10.1111/jtm.12097
- Issue published online: 4 MAR 2014
- Article first published online: 4 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 5 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Received: 26 JUL 2013
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Boston Medical Center. Grant Number: 1 U19CI000508-01
- 1US Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration, Office of Travel and Tourism Industries. 2009 U.S. Travel and Tourism Statistics (U.S. Resident Outbound). 2011 US Travel and Tourism Statistics Outbound Analysis. Available at: http://tinet.ita.doc.gov/outreachpages/outbound.general_information.outbound_overview.html. (Accessed 2013 Feb 18).
- 2Migration Policy Institute. MPI Data Hub: Migration Facts, Stats and Maps. 2011. Available at: http://www.migrationinformation.org/datahub/acscensus.cfm#. (Accessed 2013 Feb 22).
- 3Batalova J, Terrazas A. Frequently requested statistics on immigrants and immigration in the United States. Migration Policy Institute. Available at: http://www.migrationinformation.org/USfocus/display.cfm?ID=818#1. (Accessed 2012 Dec 10).
- 12A comparison of pharmacist travel-health specialists' versus primary care providers' recommendations for travel-related medications, vaccinations, and patient compliance in a college health setting. J Travel Med 2011; 18:20–25., , , .
- 17International Society of Travel Medicine. Certificate in Travel Health™. Available at: http://www.istm.org/WebForms/Members/MemberResources/cert_travhlth/Default.aspx. (Accessed 2013 Feb 17).
- 18University of Minnesota Travel and Tropical Medicine Series. Available at: http://www.med.umn.edu/globalhlth/education/travel-and-tropical-medicine-series/index.htm. (Accessed 2013 Feb 17).