Efficacy of Mass Antimicrobial Treatment of Foals with Subclinical Pulmonary Abscesses Associated with Rhodococcus equi
Article first published online: 28 DEC 2012
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 27, Issue 1, pages 171–176, January/February 2013
How to Cite
Venner, M., Astheimer, K., Lämmer, M. and Giguère, S. (2013), Efficacy of Mass Antimicrobial Treatment of Foals with Subclinical Pulmonary Abscesses Associated with Rhodococcus equi. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 27: 171–176. doi: 10.1111/jvim.12030
- Issue published online: 11 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 28 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 19 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 5 JUL 2012
- 1How to use thoracic ultrasound to screen foals for Rhodococcus equi at affected farms. Proc Am Assoc Equine Pract 2005;51:274–278., , .
- 2Use of thoracic ultrasound for the prevention of Rhodococcus equi pneumonia on endemic farms. Proc Am Assoc Equine Pract 2009;55:38–44., .
- 7Rhodococcus equi foal pneumonia. In: Mair TS, Hutchinson RE eds. Infectious Diseases of the Horse. Ely: Equine Veterinary Journal Ltd; 2009:235–246., .
- 10Comparative Studies of the Detection of Rhodococcus equi in the Breath, in Tracheobronchial Fluids and in Faeces of Foals. Hanover: Veterinary School of Hanover; 2008. Thesis..
- 11Detection of Rhodococcus equi in Faeces and Tracheobronchial Secretions of Foals on a Farm with Endemic Rhodococcosis: Comparison of Healthy Foals and Foals with Pulmonary Abscesses. Hanover: Veterinary School of Hanover; 2010. Thesis..
- 14Lung Abscesses in Foals: Evaluation of Clinical, Ultrasonic, Endoscopical, Pathomorphological and Microbiological Findings. Hanover: Veterinary School of Hanover; 2006. Thesis..