Myosin-Binding Protein C DNA Variants in Domestic Cats (A31P, A74T, R820W) and their Association with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
Article first published online: 17 JAN 2013
Copyright © 2013 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 27, Issue 2, pages 275–285, March/April 2013
How to Cite
Longeri, M., Ferrari, P., Knafelz, P., Mezzelani, A., Marabotti, A., Milanesi, L., Pertica, G., Polli, M., Brambilla, P.G., Kittleson, M., Lyons, L.A. and Porciello, F. (2013), Myosin-Binding Protein C DNA Variants in Domestic Cats (A31P, A74T, R820W) and their Association with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 27: 275–285. doi: 10.1111/jvim.12031
- Issue published online: 15 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 17 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 9 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Received: 19 MAR 2012
- MIUR FIRB ITALBIONET. Grant Numbers: RBPR05ZK2Z, RBIN064YAT_003
- National Center for Research Resources. Grant Number: R24 RR016094
- Office of Research Infrastructure Programs. Grant Number: OD R24OD010928
- 11Investigation into the use of plasma NT-proBNP concentration to screen for feline hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. J Vet Cardiol 2009;11:563–570., , .
- 12Echocardiographic assessment of left ventricular geometry and mitral valve apparatus in cats with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. J Vet Cardiol 2010;12:1–16., .
- 18Prospective echocardiographic and tissue doppler imaging screening of a population of Maine Coon cats tested for the A31P mutation in the myosin-binding protein C gene: A specific analysis of the heterozygous status. J Vet Intern Med 2009;23:91–99., , , et al.
- 20Intra-allelic Genetic Heterogenity of Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy in the Maine Coon Cat. Hugo Human Genome Meeting HGM 2007, Montreal, Canada, 2007; 199 [poster abstract]., , .
- 23Prevalence of the MYBPC3-A31P mutation in a large European feline population and association with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in the Maine Coon breed. J Vet Cardiol 2010;12:155–61., , , et al.
- 33Recommendations for standards in transthoracic two-dimensional echocardiography in the dog and cat. Echocardiography Committee of the Specialty of Cardiology, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine. J Vet Intern Med 1993;7:247–252., , , et al.
- 40Medical Genetics: An Annotated Review. Symposium Publications Division, 1961..