The animal phase of the study was performed at Oniris, France. Aldosterone, renin, parathyroid hormone, and urinary albumin were assayed at the Royal Veterinary College, London, UK. All other parts of the study were performed at the National Veterinary School of Toulouse, France.
Effects of Dietary Salt Intake on Renal Function: A 2-Year Study in Healthy Aged Cats
Version of Record online: 3 APR 2013
Copyright © 2013 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 27, Issue 3, pages 507–515, May/June 2013
How to Cite
Reynolds, B.S., Chetboul, V., Nguyen, P., Testault, I., Concordet, D.V., Carlos Sampedrano, C., Elliott, J., Trehiou-Sechi, E., Abadie, J., Biourge, V. and Lefebvre, H.P. (2013), Effects of Dietary Salt Intake on Renal Function: A 2-Year Study in Healthy Aged Cats. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 27: 507–515. doi: 10.1111/jvim.12074
Results were presented in part at the 2010 American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine Forum, Anaheim, CA and at the 20th European College of Veterinary Internal Medicine—Companion Animal Congress, Toulouse, France, September 9–11, 2010
- Issue online: 9 MAY 2013
- Version of Record online: 3 APR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 16 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 15 JUN 2012
- Royal Canin SAS, Centre de Recherches
- 1Nutritional factors affecting water balance in the dog and cat. In: Anderson RS, ed. Nutrition of the Cat and Dog. Oxford: Pergammon Press; 1980:145–156., , , et al.
- 14Linking treatment to staging in chronic kidney disease. In: August JR, ed. Consultations in Feline Internal Medicine, vol. 6. St. Louis, MO: Saunders Elsevier; 2010:475–482..
- 18Studies of the Epidemiology and Aetiology of Hypertension in the Cat. PhD Thesis. London, UK: The Royal Veterinary College, University of London; 2003..
- 30R Development Core Team. R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing. Vienna, Austria: R Foundation for Statistical Computing; 2009. ISBN 3-900051-07-0, URL http://www.R-project.org
- 32National Research Council. Minerals. In Beitz DC, ed. Nutrient Requirements of Dogs and Cats. Washington, DC: The National Academy Press; 2006:145–192.
- 33Pulsed-wave Doppler tissue imaging velocities in normal geriatric cats and geriatric cats with primary or systemic diseases linked to specific cardiomyopathies in humans, and the influence of age and heart rate upon these velocities. J Feline Med Surg 2009;11:293–304., , , et al.
- 36Renal function testing. In: Bartges J, Polzin DJ, eds. Nephrology and Urology of Small Animals. Ames, IA: Blackwell Publishing; 2011:91–96..
- 43Renal disease in cats: The potassium connection. In: Kirk RW, ed. Current Veterinary Therapy XI. Philadelphia, PA: WB Saunders Company; 1992:820–822., .
- 44Chronic kidney disease. In: Bartges J, Polzin DJ, eds. Nephrology and Urology of Small Animals. Ames, IA: Blackwell Publishing; 2011:433–471..