Selected preliminary results were presented as a poster entitled “Ovariohysterectomy at the time of tumor removal decreases the risk of new tumors in dogs with benign mammary tumors” at the 2nd World Veterinary Cancer Congress, Paris, March 2012
Effect of Ovariohysterectomy at the Time of Tumor Removal in Dogs with Benign Mammary Tumors and Hyperplastic Lesions: A Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial
Article first published online: 22 MAY 2013
Copyright © 2013 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 27, Issue 4, pages 935–942, July/August 2013
How to Cite
Kristiansen, V.M., Nødtvedt, A., Breen, A.M., Langeland, M., Teige, J., Goldschmidt, M., Jonasdottir, T.J., Grotmol, T. and Sørenmo, K. (2013), Effect of Ovariohysterectomy at the Time of Tumor Removal in Dogs with Benign Mammary Tumors and Hyperplastic Lesions: A Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 27: 935–942. doi: 10.1111/jvim.12110
- Issue published online: 15 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 22 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 APR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 19 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 15 AUG 2012
- Morris Animal Foundation
- Norwegian “Research foundation for canine cancer”
- Norwegian Small Animal Veterinary Association
- Norwegian School of Veterinary Science
- 11Benign breast disease. Radiol Technol 2011;82:4472..
- 22Histologic classification of mammary tumors in the dog and cat. World Health Organization International Histological Classification of Tumors of Domestic Animals. 2nd Series, Vol. 7. Washington DC: Armed Forces Institute of Pathology; 1999: 1–59., , , .
- 23Withrow and MacEwen's Small Animal Clinical Oncology, 4th ed. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier; 2007., , , .
- 24Modelling survival data, chapt. 19. In: McPike SM, ed. Veterinary Epidemiologic Research, 2nd ed. Charlottetown, PEI, Canada: Ver Inc; 2009:467–527., , .