Part of the study was presented as an abstract at the 21st ECVIM-CA Congress, September 2011, Seville, Spain
Left Atrial Ejection Fraction Assessed by Real-Time 3-Dimensional Echocardiography in Normal Dogs and Dogs with Myxomatous Mitral Valve Disease
Article first published online: 3 JUN 2013
Copyright © 2013 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 27, Issue 4, pages 884–889, July/August 2013
How to Cite
Tidholm, A., Höglund, K., Häggström, J., Bodegård-Westling, A. and Ljungvall, I. (2013), Left Atrial Ejection Fraction Assessed by Real-Time 3-Dimensional Echocardiography in Normal Dogs and Dogs with Myxomatous Mitral Valve Disease. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 27: 884–889. doi: 10.1111/jvim.12113
- Issue published online: 15 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 3 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 APR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 20 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 3 JUL 2012
- 7Estimation of left ventricular filling pressures using two-dimensional and Doppler echocardiography in adult patients with cardiac disease. Additional value of analyzing left atrial size, left atrial ejection fraction and the difference in duration of pulmonary venous and mitral flow velocity at atrial contraction. J Am Coll Cardiol 1993;7:1972–1982., , , et al.
- 16Assessment of left atrial volume and function: A comparative study between echocardiography, magnetic resonance imaging and multi slice computed tomography. Int J Cardiol 2012;28:1061–1071., , , et al.
- 19Comparison of transthoracic two-dimensional echocardiography, three-dimensional echocardiography, transesophageal echocardiography, computed tomograpgraphy angiography, and gated magnetic resonance imaging in normal canine hearts. In: Annual ACVIM Forum 2012, New Orleans, LA 2012;710., , , et al.
- 36Left atrial volumes, function and work before and after mitral valve repair in chronic mitral regurgitation. J Heart Valve Dis 2004;1:27–32., , , et al.
- 41Electrocardiography: Basic concepts, diagnosis of chamber enlargement and intraventricular conduction disturbances. In: Kittleson MD, Kienle RD, eds. Small Animal Cardiovascular Medicine. St. Louis, MO: Mosby; 1998:72–94..
- 42Electrocardiography. In: Miller MS, Tilley LP, eds. Manual of Canine and Feline Cardiology, 2nd ed. Philadelphia, PA: W.B. Saunders; 1995:47–74., .
- 44Correlation of heart rate to body weight in apparently normal dogs. J Vet Cardiol 2010;12:107–110., , .