The planning of the QUEST trial was started in 2002. The trial protocol was finalized at an investigator meeting in September 2003. There was a follow-up meeting in September 2005, and the results concerning the primary outcome variables were published in 2008. The current article concerning secondary outcome variables was finalized and approved by the investigators in January 2013. The QUEST trial publication committee consisted of Jens Häggström, Adrian Boswood, Michael O'Grady, and Olaf Jöns.
Longitudinal Analysis of Quality of Life, Clinical, Radiographic, Echocardiographic, and Laboratory Variables in Dogs with Myxomatous Mitral Valve Disease Receiving Pimobendan or Benazepril: The QUEST Study
Article first published online: 6 SEP 2013
Copyright © 2013 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 27, Issue 6, pages 1441–1451, November/December 2013
How to Cite
Häggström, J., Boswood, A., O'Grady, M., Jöns, O., Smith, S., Swift, S., Borgarelli, M., Gavaghan, B., Kresken, J.-G., Patteson, M., Åblad, B., Bussadori, C.M., Glaus, T., Kovačević, A., Rapp, M., Santilli, R.A., Tidholm, A., Eriksson, A., Belanger, M.C., Deinert, M., Little, C.J.L., Kvart, C., French, A., Rønn-Landbo, M., Wess, G., Eggertsdottir, A., Lynne O'Sullivan, M., Schneider, M., Lombard, C.W., Dukes-McEwan, J., Willis, R., Louvet, A. and DiFruscia, R. (2013), Longitudinal Analysis of Quality of Life, Clinical, Radiographic, Echocardiographic, and Laboratory Variables in Dogs with Myxomatous Mitral Valve Disease Receiving Pimobendan or Benazepril: The QUEST Study. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 27: 1441–1451. doi: 10.1111/jvim.12181
- Issue published online: 13 NOV 2013
- Article first published online: 6 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 31 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 3 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: 23 FEB 2013
- Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health GmbH
- 2Prevalence of cardiovascular disorders. In: Fox P, Sisson D, Moise N, eds. Canine and Feline Cardiology, 2nd ed. Philadelphia, PA: WB Saunders; 1999:457–470..
- 5Effect of pimobendan or benazepril hydrochloride on survival times in dogs with congestive heart failure caused by naturally occurring myxomatous mitral valve disease: The QUEST study. J Vet Intern Med 2008;22:1124–1135., , , et al.
- 7The BENCH Study Group. The effect of benazepril on survival times and clinical signs of dogs with congestive heart failure: Results of a multicenter, prospective, randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled, long-term clinical trial. J Vet Cardiol 1999;1:7–18.
- 9Clinical efficacy of pimobendan versus benazepril for the treatment of acquired atrioventricular valvular disease in dogs. J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 2006;42:249–261., , .
- 15Veterinary diagnostic ultrasound. In: Nyland TG, Mattoon JS, eds. Echocardiography. Philadelphia, PA: W.B. Saunders; 1995:198–255., .
- 25A comparison of the effects of carvedilol and metoprolol on well-being, morbidity, and mortality (the “patient journey”) in patients with heart failure: A report from the Carvedilol Or Metoprolol European Trial (COMET). J Am Coll Cardiol 2006;47:1603–1611., , , et al.
- 29Effect of treatment type on vertebral heart size in dogs with myxomatous mitral valve disease. Intern J Appl Res Vet Med 2007;5:43–48., , , et al.