All members of the IRIS Canine GN Study Group Diagnosis Subgroup contributed equally in the preparation of this manuscript.
Consensus Recommendations for the Diagnostic Investigation of Dogs with Suspected Glomerular Disease
Article first published online: 25 NOV 2013
Copyright © 2013 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Special Issue: International Renal Interest Society Consensus Clinical Practice Guidelines for Glomerular Disease in Dogs
Volume 27, Issue Supplement s1, pages S19–S26, November/December 2013
How to Cite
IRIS Canine GN Study Group Diagnosis Subgroup, Littman, M.P., Daminet, S., Grauer, G.F., Lees, G.E. and van Dongen, A.M. (2013), Consensus Recommendations for the Diagnostic Investigation of Dogs with Suspected Glomerular Disease. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 27: S19–S26. doi: 10.1111/jvim.12223
A preliminary form of these recommendations was presented at the 2011 ACVIM Forum, June 15, Denver, CO.
- Issue published online: 25 NOV 2013
- Article first published online: 25 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Received: 11 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 11 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 SEP 2013
- 1Primary glomerular disease. In: Brenner BM, ed. Brenner & Rector's The Kidney, 6th ed. Philadelphia, PA: WB Saunders Company; 2000:1263–1349., , .
- 2Secondary glomerular disease. In: Brenner BM, ed. Brenner & Rector's The Kidney, 6th ed. Philadelphia, PA: WB Saunders Company; 2000:1350–1448., , .
- 3Syndromes of glomerular diseases. In: Massry SG, Glassock RJ, eds. Massry & Glassock's Textbook of Nephrology, 4th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2001:649–652..
- 5Proteinuria. In: Ettinger SJ, Feldman EC, eds. Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 7th ed. St. Louis, MO: Saunders/Elsevier; 2010:168–171..
- 9Chronic kidney disease. In: Ettinger SJ, Feldman EC, eds. Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 7th ed. St. Louis, MO: Saunders/Elsevier; 2010:1990–2021..
- 11Optigen (English Cocker Spaniels): http://www.optigen.com/opt9_ecsfn1215ann.html; PennVet (Soft-coated Wheaten Terriers, Airedales): http://www.scwtca.org/health/dnatest.htm; VetGen (Samoyeds): http://vetgen.com/canine-hereditary-nephritis.html. Each accessed October 14, 2013.
- 13http://www.iris-kidney.com/guidelines/en/staging_ckd.shtml. Accessed October 14, 2013.
- 14Day-to-day variation of the urine protein:creatinine ratio in female dogs with stable glomerular proteinuria caused by X-linked hereditary nephropathy. J Vet Intern Med 2007;21:425–430., , , .
- 16Diagnosis of infectious diseases of the urinary tract. In: Bartges J, Polzin DJ, eds. Nephrology and Urology of Small Animals. Ames, IA: Blackwell Publishing Ltd; 2011:241–252..
- 18Clinicopathologic and atypical features of naturally occurring leptospirosis in dogs: 51 cases (2000–2010). J Am Vet Med Assoc 2013;243:1316–1322., .