Simpson's Method of Discs for Measurement of Echocardiographic End-Diastolic and End-Systolic Left Ventricular Volumes: Breed-Specific Reference Ranges in Boxer Dogs
Article first published online: 1 NOV 2013
Copyright © 2013 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 28, Issue 1, pages 116–122, January/February 2014
How to Cite
Smets, P., Daminet, S. and Wess, G. (2014), Simpson's Method of Discs for Measurement of Echocardiographic End-Diastolic and End-Systolic Left Ventricular Volumes: Breed-Specific Reference Ranges in Boxer Dogs. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 28: 116–122. doi: 10.1111/jvim.12234
- Issue published online: 15 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 1 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 19 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Received: 7 APR 2013
- 3Boxer cardiomyopathy. In: Kirk R, ed. Current Veterinary Therapy VIII. Philadelphia, PA: W.B. Saunders; 1983:329–337..
- 4Primary myocardial disease leading to chronic myocardial failure. In: Kittleson MD, Kienle RD, eds. Small Animal Cardiovascular Medicine. St. Louis, MO: Mosby; 1998:316–346..
- 9Recommendations for chamber quantification: A report from the American Society of Echocardiography's Guidelines and Standards Committee and the Chamber Quantification Writing Group, developed in conjunction with the European Association of Echocardiography, a branch of the European Society of Cardiology. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2005;18:1440–1463., , , et al.
- 18The normal distribution. In: Sterne JK, Kirkwood BR, eds. Essential Medical Statistics. Oxford: Blackwell Publishing Ltd.; 2003:42–49., .
- 19Comparison of 3 ultrasound methods for quantifying left ventricular systolic function: Correlation with disease severity and prognostic value in dogs with mitral valve disease. J Vet Intern Med 2008;22:566–577., , , et al.
- 20Plasma N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide concentration helps to predict survival in dogs with symptomatic degenerative mitral valve disease regardless of and in combination with the initial clinical status at admission. J Vet Cardiol 2009;11:103–121., , , et al.
- 21Proposed guidelines for the diagnosis of canine idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy. J Vet Cardiol 2003;5:7–19., , , et al.